• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong's degree now rescinded too!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
Great to know that the board members at Tufts University see Armstrong as what he truly is. A cheater. So, there goes his honorary degree. From a hero to a zero. Revoked! No pass. F!

University Rescinds Armstrong's Honorary Degree
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/university-rescinds-honorary-degree-awarded-lance-armstrong_663723.html

is that university located in a cave? or built under a rock perhaps?
they honored lance in 2006. hell, even Phil Ligett by that time must already have had a good hunch that lance might be cheating.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
DominicDecoco said:
Wrong. Phil still believes Lance is clean.

Not quite. He hasn't been able to bring himself to say "I think Lance doped", but he has still said things like "If everyone else doped in that era, I find it hard to believe that such success would be possible clean".

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:
they give you an honory GED,

sweet

Armstrong never graduated from high school. His mommy had to write the school principal multiple letters to petition the school to allow Armstrong to miss entire semesters. Can you imagine lil' Lancey pooh? Waaah waaaah. Mommy, why won't they let me get away with not taking all those stupid tests at school? I am representing the entire country. I deserve special treatment.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Alphabet said:
Not quite. He hasn't been able to bring himself to say "I think Lance doped", but he has still said things like "If everyone else doped in that era, I find it hard to believe that such success would be possible clean".

I would like to see Phil Liggit held accountable for the stupid things he said attacking USADA an Lance's accusers just a few monthes ago.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Phil is just a harmless old git, really, that was probably on Lance's payroll. They were certainly friends. If you were a friend of Lance's, would you really have acted differently when the word came out? I can't fault him for his loyalty, no matter how misguided that might have been.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
i love it. i can take the piss out of a friend of mine who graduated from there. one kind of has to wonder about Tufts' judgment awarding sir-dopes-alot an honorary degree in the first place.:D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
Looks like even the 'free' stuff is being reclaimed....will it go so far as being removed from the " Nigerian Prince has left you his fortune" emails......??

Wow, I haven't seen one of those for about twenty years!!! There were only about 4 people on the internet then, clearly including you, me, and the bloke in Nairobi, California. Who was the other one?