• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Attacks tomorrow and Saturday?

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I was just curious about something: do you think we could see a big attack on both alpe d'huez and on Mont Revard Saturday? Those attacks would feature 95km of riding, and approximately 56km of climbing :D Is something like this possible for one rider to do, or would they simply be gutted after one big attack? I think it would be possible because I don't think we'll see attacks from Froome on Friday, and if we do I believe they'll only come on the final climb and aside from a few riders who may try to go beserk we may see a bit of soft peddling until we get to Tamie as riders will be exhausted after the previous day.

To mods: I apologize if this thread is seen as redundant, but I just wanted to know if something like this is possible and I have yet to see a thread describing the possibility of a solo attack on both stages.