• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Attention: 'Orgullo Paisa y Colombia es Pasión–Café de Col.' in Giro-Tour-Vuelta 2011

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
So is Henao going to podium/ win a gt or will he struggle in europe?
I wish I knew who is going to be the next star for Colombia in the next 5 years?

Henao, Vuelta a Colombia Champion (22 yrs)
Duarte, Ex-World Champion for Amateurs.
Uran, 2 time Vuelta al Porvenir Champion
Soler, 2007 Tour podka dot jersey champion, and other races.
Betancourt, Baby Giro Champion
Quintana, Tour de L'avenir Champion
Pantano, Tour de L'avenir Podium and podka dot jersey.
Atapuma, Best neo-pro in Vuelta a Colombia 2010. 5th place.
Cayetano Sarmiento, Baby Giro Champion.

The only proven leader is Soler but he can not stay up-right too long in the races.:(

If the others are as good as Soler, just imagine 5 Soler-like in the Tour Mountains with Contador and Schleck. (Assuming they made it to the mountains without falling).:)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
normally yes but the days of colombians sucking en mass in downhills are long over. some of the best downhillers come from colombia now, like libardo nino who I would say is almost on par with savoldelli.

as far as new guys some aren't too good in downhils of course but just look at solers stage win in 2007 briancon. he still won despite long downhil and colombians won't attack with 1 riders but with half the team. :)

This would be great news for Cycling worldwide.Hopefully with a strong line up this team can get an invite to GT?What about Rujano can they sign him aswell?I am really looking forward to watching Duarte ride next year..

Ryo Hazuki said:
normally yes but the days of colombians sucking en mass in downhills are long over. some of the best downhillers come from colombia now, like libardo nino who I would say is almost on par with savoldelli.

as far as new guys some aren't too good in downhils of course but just look at solers stage win in 2007 briancon. he still won despite long downhil and colombians won't attack with 1 riders but with half the team. :)

So they'll lose less time on the descent than they used to, and they'll lose less time on the flat than they used to. But the ASO still puts enough of both to wipe out decent sized gains.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I think this years tour was won in the mountains despite it being the most ridiculous cowardly race I ever saw in the mountains. Imagine the colombians there.

Ryo Hazuki said:
I think this years tour was won in the mountains despite it being the most ridiculous cowardly race I ever saw in the mountains. Imagine the colombians there.

Aren't you forgetting last year's Tour? Where Contador attacked a couple of km from the summit twice and one of those times nobody even bothered chasing him? Where even Mont Ventoux was, despite the vain attempt of Pellizotti, a blanket finish by the heads of state?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Aren't you forgetting last year's Tour? Where Contador attacked a couple of km from the summit twice and one of those times nobody even bothered chasing him? Where even Mont Ventoux was, despite the vain attempt of Pellizotti, a blanket finish by the heads of state?

yes but the colombians won't race like that. as long as there are mountain finishes in the tour and they will always be there colombians ahve a chance

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Nairo Quintana (20y) has signed a new contract today. The winner of the [Tour de l'Avenir 2010], had a sweet offer from Eusebio Unzué's Movistar, but has chosen to mature a little more at the level he is now and 'en passant', received a fat cheque for the whole family from the Governor. [http://boyaca.gov.co]

Nairo for sure will start in the [Clásico RCN]: http://www.antena2.com.co/noticia.php3?nt=24487

Jarlinson Pantano the number 3 of the Tour de l'Avenir 2010, and KOM jersey winner is considering also such a Movistar offer, but expressed today his loyalty to his team.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Team update

Wednesday, October 6 | 09:15

Colombia es Pasion: excluded for ProTeam status due to Colombian laws

Colombia es Pasión-4/72-Café de Colombia have explained their temporary removal from the list of teams that have applied for a UCI Professional license.In an official Press Release the team reveals that in midstream between the demands of the UCI and Colombian law: being sponsored in part by public bodies, the team can not complete the at the time because Colombian law does not allow public companies to act outside of the fiscal year, which follows quelloo solar. In other words, may not sign sponsorship commitments before year's end.
Colombian leaders have said the UCI event and are looking for the solution of the case !

Source: [http://tuttobiciweb.it]

Related active CN Thread: [http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread]

TRENDING THREADS