• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Australian TV coverage

Oct 9, 2010
www.brandlady.com
Does anyone know if Giro de Lombardia will be televised in Australia? I was disappointed that the Paris Tour didn't appear, nor Giro dell'Emilia. Seems its not a very popular sport for tv over here.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
SBS will cover it later but no other stations will bother.
CH10 or 1HD will be re running the world champs next wednesday so look out for that the mens race is on Wednesday morning at 9.00am
cant expect anything while DComm games are on

Oct 9, 2010
www.brandlady.com
Thanks for the info guys. I dont have pay tv, and this top box does not cover HD, so looks like I will be missing out, unless anything is on Channel 10. Damn. I'll have to keep watch on SBS for them to broadcast anything. I watched the final day at Geelong the other week. Watching online chews up my GB's something cronic - as I found out one evening watching theTour de France, so that is out also. Think I need to move to Europe... lol.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
sorcaress said:
Thanks for the info guys. I dont have pay tv, and this top box does not cover HD, so looks like I will be missing out, unless anything is on Channel 10. Damn. I'll have to keep watch on SBS for them to broadcast anything. I watched the final day at Geelong the other week. Watching online chews up my GB's something cronic - as I found out one evening watching theTour de France, so that is out also. Think I need to move to Europe... lol.

If your internet download is sufficient, give cyclingtorrents.nl (it's in English) and you can download the race the next day. You can also avoid the sites that will give you the result.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Get pay TV Eurosport shows all the bigclassics as well as full coverage of the giro and 2-3 hours of vuelta every night. It is worth it!

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
who dat said:
Get pay TV Eurosport shows all the bigclassics as well as full coverage of the giro and 2-3 hours of vuelta every night. It is worth it!

Surely whether "it's worth it!" or not depends on whether you watch lots of TV or not, or simply have better things to spend your money on. With minimum contract costs for Pay TV usually in the several hundreds of dollars, and Eurosport being an additional monthly cost on top of that, I couldn't imagine it being "worth it" to me, and I earn a good wage.
Life's too short to fritter it away watching pay tv.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
who dat said:

Unfortunately I am a "povo" so can't afford it!:D i can watch things on the net on a big screen so that is sufficient for me.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
dsut4392 said:
Surely whether "it's worth it!" or not depends on whether you watch lots of TV or not, or simply have better things to spend your money on. With minimum contract costs for Pay TV usually in the several hundreds of dollars, and Eurosport being an additional monthly cost on top of that, I couldn't imagine it being "worth it" to me, and I earn a good wage.
Life's too short to fritter it away watching pay tv.

You don't have spend hundreds a minimum contracts you can just get the sports service for around $10 a month. Which isn't to bad. Personally don't watch alot of T.V but some other people in the family do.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Unfortunately I am a "povo" so can't afford it!:D i can watch things on the net on a big screen so that is sufficient for me.

Whatever works best for you. I actually watch alot of the smaller races on the net aswell.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
With Internet + Mobile Phone bills now appearing as extra bills in society, adding pay tv and the monopolistic foxtel to that is very exorbitent. I know people who have it but they then have to sacrfice something else...