• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Awesome CAS-Fighting-Machine Thread

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
ny_7587_l.jpg

What a ride he did yesterday? Awesome.
It's a shame, that he's not wearing the red number today.
Go for the Mountain Jersay, CAS!

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, he is awesome. I thought every time, that now he is gone, but NO! When Rolland attacked for the win, then if I remember correctly he was the last from the break, but after that he just eat Kessiakoff and Kiryienka. The only sad thing, that he wasn't able to reach a podium spot yesterday :(
Bot Go on CAS!

Jul 21, 2010
www.cyclingquotes.com
Some person along the road accidentally (hopefully) lost his newspaper and it got stuck in CAS' wheel. When he tried to remove it his finger(s?) got stuck, and parts of the wheel hurt him bad.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
CAS have been operated under local anesthesia in Toulouse.
He says Stratoni dropped the newspaper in front of him and he cut his fingers when he tried to avoid the paper from blocking his wheel.
He is allowed by the doctors and he want to continue but doesn't know yet how things will be once the anesthesia takes of.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Uh CAS :( He is a real hero, and I hope that he can end this Tour. He is just simply amazing how he was able to finish todays stage with those injurys.

Grayguard said:
http://jyllands-posten.dk/sport/cykling/article4784506.ece

Short translated recap:

"The doctor refused to believe that CAS ascended several mountains after the accident. Two of his fingertips were almost severed, and that kind of injury is extremely painful."

However, the doctor said he could finish TdF - if he can stand the pain :eek:
Respect is such a little word for what this rider is doing. Chapeau M. Sorensen.