• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Battaglin available in the US

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I visited last year the Battaglin factory in Italy. The bikes I saw there were stunning and they even open thier production to show that everything is handmade.

I read today in another forum that they are selling now factory direct in the US, has anyone experience with them? http://www.Battaglin-USA.com

The prices are almost too good to be true. Thier entry model starts at 2700 and you get the top of the line with Super Record for 6000

Any advice?

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Pete Subs said:
Hi guys,

The prices are almost too good to be true. Thier entry model starts at 2700 and you get the top of the line with Super Record for 6000

Any advice?

Adjust your concept of "too good to be true" before someone sells you a bridge.

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Pete Subs said:
What do you mean?

I mean that if $2700 for an entry level alu bike is "too good to be true" as far as you're concerned, then your concept or idea of what is too good to be true is skewed. My advice to you, because you asked for it in a general way, is that you unskewer it before someone takes advantage of your willingness to part with your money.

I've inserted a happy face here :) to lighten the tone of my post.