• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best downhill slope photo capture I've seen

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
That is nearly my back yard. I live a stones throw from there. and It's just a few blocks from Crank Bros downtown laguna beach
shuttle that quite a bit.

The angle is slightly deceptive but its steep nevertheless

Nice pic indeed

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Boeing said:
That is nearly my back yard. I live a stones throw from there. and It's just a few blocks from Crank Bros downtown laguna beach
shuttle that quite a bit.

The angle is slightly deceptive but its steep nevertheless

Nice pic indeed

Wow - cool. I was working up in the central coast for a few years - but we could never afford a house out there.

Back to the pic - it makes that drop look vertical! I'm sure it isn't quite that bad, but still! I don't think you will find me using this particular route!

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
hiero2 said:
Wow - cool. I was working up in the central coast for a few years - but we could never afford a house out there.

Back to the pic - it makes that drop look vertical! I'm sure it isn't quite that bad, but still! I don't think you will find me using this particular route!

It's bad but you really dont enter it with a lot of speed. its for the skilled rider. Most people crashing are off their bike well before the corner by design of default. perhaps this is where I perfected the dismount for cyclocross ;)