• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best Spring Classic 2014

Best Spring Classic 2014?

• LBL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Omloop, Strade Bianche - best races
RVV - great race, great field
Paris Roubaix - solid edition, but nothing special for roubaix standard

other races in poll, standard editions, kbk - not **** thanks to omega and belkin, roma maxima good thanks to valverde:eek:, enjoy all of them

LBL - only last 15 km solid, no atacks from main favorites, disappointment

Flèche, Amstel - boring even more than expected

MSR - ****

May 23, 2013
Visit site
1. Het Volk
2. Strade Bianche
3. RVV
4. E3
5. Roma Maxima
6. Paris Roubaix
7. Brabantse Pijl
8. Dwars
9. MSR
10. G-W
11. KBK
12. AGR
13. FW
14. Scheldeprijs
15. LBL

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm going for Flanders, just because of the importance of the race, the hype and all the talk before with Eddy Planckaert:)

Strade, Omloop and Roubaix were good too.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Of the cobbled classics I enjoyed the Omloop and Ronde, but the Ardennes were awful. Says enough that the Amstel Gold had the most action of the three races... MSR and LBL were boring as hell, as was Roubaix to a certain degree.

Bring on the Giro plz!!! I'd like to see some memorable racing.

Pentacycle said:
Of the cobbled classics I enjoyed the Omloop and Ronde, but the Ardennes were awful. Says enough that the Amstel Gold had the most action of the three races... MSR and LBL were boring as hell, as was Roubaix to a certain degree.

Bring on the Giro plz!!! I'd like to see some memorable racing.

Flanders! Love the cobbles, the bergs, and this years winner, and the way in which he won!

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Jspear said:
Flanders! Love the cobbles, the bergs, and this years winner, and the way in which he won!

Agreed with all of that,RVV the best,steadily downhill from that point on,everyone looking at each other in Roubaix and a dreadful Ardennes which didn't even manage to meet my already low expectations (hoped for a good Liege after a couple of uphill sprints in AGR/FW).