• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best team for Kreuziger?

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Since Astana screwed up again Kreuziger is free to leave ....

Should he stay with Astana and risk the no PorTour and no TDF selections?

Perhaps what would be the best team for him right now?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Kreuziger should either go to the Luxembourg project, or to the Pegasus team. Astana will screw him over.
With the Schlecklets, he could perform well in races like Romandie, where he would be leader, and perhaps the Giro.
Pegasus / Fly V need a GC contender, and I think that if they get some solid domestiques, they could make sure Kreuziger lands a good finish in one of the GT's.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
no point in signing kreuziger than.
What are their options? Kreuziger? Thomas Dekker....?

If I were Kreuziger I'd wait to see how the whole Contador thing unfolds. If Astana's situation is fixed soon enough, good for him. If not, he has the whole month to do something about it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Vonn Brinkman said:
With the Schlecklets, he could perform well in races like Romandie, where he would be leader, and perhaps the Giro.
Swap Vuelta and Tour de Suisse for Giro, and he'd get the same in Liquigas.

A

Anonymous

Tuarts said:
Come to Pegasus and be the sole climber left anytime it goes uphill! :p

Kreuziger for the tour down under, we know how tough that is, a debut win for pegasus in australia would really boost the confidence :D

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Leopejo said:
Swap Vuelta and Tour de Suisse for Giro, and he'd get the same in Liquigas.

That doesn't matter, Kreuziger was sick of Liquigas and the fact that he had to contend with both Basso and Nibali. He didn't like the Vuelta either, if I can remember correctly....

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Vonn Brinkman said:
That doesn't matter, Kreuziger was sick of Liquigas and the fact that he had to contend with both Basso and Nibali. He didn't like the Vuelta either, if I can remember correctly....

you are wrong. He and Nibali are very good friends.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Vonn Brinkman said:
He didn't have a stellar season, otherwise he'd been given more prominence. And I doubt Basso or Nibali will focus on the Vuelta next year.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
IMHO he should leave Astana because I do not see any invites for Vino & his gang without having Pistolero on this team. Any team with ProTour license is better than Astana.....geeez what was he thinking :eek:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Jancouver said:
IMHO he should leave Astana because I do not see any invites for Vino & his gang without having Pistolero on this team. Any team with ProTour license is better than Astana.....geeez what was he thinking :eek:

yes,i agree with for 100% but where?Which team?!...i dont no eather

Jancouver said:

The most *** comment of the day. They got Vino, Gasparoto, Iglinsky, Kreuziger. And as we have seen in this season Vino has been outstanding. They will get invites.

you shouldn't bother replying to that.peppe martinelli will have in le tour 2011 probably one of the three strongest teams.kreuziger,tiralongo,petrov,di gregorio and maybe we got to watch out for kessiakoff and simon clarke.vino will have a good team,you'll see.at the end of 2011 season,astana will be at the top of the standings.