• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Beware Landis immitators-

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Over the last week I've had contact from a poster listing his name as Landis and claiming to be Floyd. He has repeatedly attempted through PM's to have me reveal my sources for information. While other posters have asked similar questions they have been active members of the forum and respected the concept of protection for the innocent; particularly those active or former riders that may have information relevant to the USPS case or just old history.
Asking several questions of the poster Landisthat Floyd should be able to answer have netted incorrect or frustrated responses. Has anyone else had this recent experience?
My presumption is this information could be misused at this point if revealed.

Just in case anyone wonders - While I do not know Floyd personally, it is my understanding that he has sworn off blogging, message boards, and as much of the entire internet as possible and is just interesting in getting out and riding or racing his bike these days.

The likelihood of Floyd contacting anyone here, even admins or mods, is about as likely as as being hit by lightening and bit by a shark, in the same day.

Posting under a well-known person's user name (unless a tribute, paraphrased in obvious humor or tribute) is strictly against the rules, resulting in a lifetime ban. Any such suspicions should be reported to admins or mods.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Just in case anyone wonders - While I do not know Floyd personally, it is my understanding that he has sworn off blogging, message boards, and as much of the entire internet as possible and is just interesting in getting out and riding or racing his bike these days.

The likelihood of Floyd contacting anyone here, even admins or mods, is about as likely as as being hit by lightening and bit by a shark, in the same day.

Posting under a well-known person's user name (unless a tribute, paraphrased in obvious humor or tribute) is strictly against the rules, resulting in a lifetime ban. Any such suspicions should be reported to admins or mods.

His posting header is Landis and shows no posting history.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Really? "Yo I'm Floyd Landis, what up"? Where's the subtlety?

More polite and looking for specific information that implicates Weisel, Eddie B (I don't think he'll care), LA and some other Olympic squad guys/trainers. Really old news and not relevant to Floyd so it seemed suspicious from the beginning. It would be interesting to track who's hacking but my guess is there are a fleet of attorneys representing all the folks we've discussed and dozens more.

I've been bothered by someone named Floyd. He even sent me his picture-

2mneiwz.jpg

TRENDING THREADS