• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bike cleaning - Can you help us?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
kdsqia.jpg

This is my bike 4 kilos ( clinchers) I don’t need to use water . I don’t need to waste resources. 1 baby wipe cleans my bike .
I use aero 303 to look after the raw carbon , if it gets wet in the rain I use a few more baby wipes .
I have just bought a thm crankset that will go on. .

I also have a weight weenie trek that I’m currently rebuilding . That to will be around the 4 kilo or under mark .

I ride single chain ring 53 x 28 on the guru in the photo . No issues at all for me climbing in the big ring . I never touched the 28 mostly jumping between the 19 ,21,24, up the Cole d eze . On the other climbs round Nice I did not even touch the 24. I’ve always been able to ride/climb in those kind of gears quite easy.

A lot of you know who I am . I hope the mods at least keep my bike photo up for you to share . I did have some lightweight wheels on and it was well under 4 kilos ...enjoy i hope

Cheers

Re:

Unimatrix said:
kdsqia.jpg

This is my bike 4 kilos ( clinchers) I don’t need to use water . I don’t need to waste resources. 1 baby wipe cleans my bike .
I use aero 303 to look after the raw carbon , if it gets wet in the rain I use a few more baby wipes .
I have just bought a thm crankset that will go on. .

I also have a weight weenie trek that I’m currently rebuilding . That to will be around the 4 kilo or under mark .

I ride single chain ring 53 x 28 on the guru in the photo . No issues at all for me climbing in the big ring . I never touched the 28 mostly jumping between the 19 ,21,24, up the Cole d eze . On the other climbs round Nice I did not even touch the 24. I’ve always been able to ride/climb in those kind of gears quite easy.

A lot of you know who I am . I hope the mods at least keep my bike photo up for you to share . I did have some lightweight wheels on and it was well under 4 kilos ...enjoy i hope

Cheers

Many giggles :D

Baby wipes and latex gloves in case of a tube change...classic Ray J,or his fake wife, or Unimatirx......who's next?

Tales of silly hill climb times, bike weights and big chain ridiculousness.......I miss the banter :)'