• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bike recommendation

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys

I have a Marine eldridge grade 2008, with no major upgrades. Since it's one size smaller and it has been almost 5 years since I bought it (that's the reasons I tell myself) I'm planning on something new.. I'm not an aggressive rider, and I tend to get dropped on climbs (not as much as I used to!)

I'm thinking of buying a focus black forest 4.0 in white & blue.

Haven't found a lot of reviews about this bike, so does anyone out there rides one? or which bike would you recommend, I have a 1800-2000 dlls budget, I don't like full suspension (it's an statement I'm trying to make!) and I would prefer if we could skip the specialized or trek models..

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

I am not one for brands considering most product is coming out of just a couple of suppliers in Taiwan or China with very minor variations.

This will do the job:
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/fly_9357_x.htm

You could pay a shop to rebuild it right and have a good bike at a decent weight and come in under $2000. I forget who the OEM is on this product. Definitely not the heaviest, but not the very lightest with good parts and a killer price.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answers, yes I would love a HT recomendation

I'm about 5.8 (1.73) weight about 160 lbs (73 kgs)

Thanks for the link for bikes direct!! that's a nice motobecane