• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bike Transportation - Trailors / Trailers.

We have 2 trailers at work for transporting bikes (Road, Hybrid, MTB) one carries 11 bikes, the other 13.

In a nutshell - they are schitt! - the bikes don't fit tight enough into their holding slots (rear wheel) and they sway from side to side which means the spokes on each bike get worked over.
The handle bars smack into each other and we lose bike computers regularly, handle bars dig into saddles which also damages them.
We have tried many different iterations of the same thing to make it work, but no success.

We load the whole bike on the trailer, tie the rear wheel in with a bungee, anchor the first and last bike to the trailer frame and then loop a thick tie cord through each frame to hold them together

It's a rubbish system that damages the bikes and is slow and cumbersome for loading and unloading.

So.....

I'm wondering if any of you have seen or have used a really good / great bike transportation system please?
Pics and links would be great!
We need: -

1) Carrying capacity of at least 12 bikes
2) Quick and easy loading and unloading of bikes of all sizes and geometries
3) Would be great to keep the bike complete (i.e. not removing the front wheel) - Although we used an amazing trailer in France one year, but the cost of that would have been huge. The front wheel came off, handle bars turned to one side and the wheel tied to the frame)
4) Zero damage to the bikes - minimal movement of the bike while transporting.
5) We're thinking of going for a covered trailer and perhaps side lifting doors for access rather than rear.

We're not traveling long distances - 40-50kms each journey.
Use is for travel to the MTB Parks with club members, Travel to the Road races for Club Members.
We have a 12 seater Ford Transit Van to pull the Trailer and carry the riders.

Thanks if you can help me out.
Cheers.