• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

bikedirect.com Bikes?

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I got my wife a mtn bike from them a little over a year ago, we have no complaints and are very happy with it. I will definitely look at them again when I am ready to buy a new bike.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
So,
Do you know your exact size and are able to do all of your own adjustments and maintenance? Personally, I would really be looking at a local bike shop that can help you out unless you are really comfortable with wrenching your new bike. My understanding of them is that they are pretty average machines, not really bad, but nothing great, but you will have no support.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
how old is the frame how many times has it been painted are the tubes rusted out inside????
you may be riding it up hill and it can snap in half. make sure first.
looks nice Reynolds 531 tubes was used to hold the wings onto Lancaster bombers in the dam busters rain in 2nd world war its strong stuff.

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I've worked on a few bikes from bikesdirect, and I'm quite impressed with the overall quality of the frames and the builds. A few years ago there were apparent problems with the pre-sale builds and shipping damage, but those reports are now fewer, and those who have problems say bikesdirect has been very accommodating.

If I could find one nit, it's that the frame designs are a little behind the curve.

Make sure you can live with the fit and find a local shop that'll work on the bike at a reasonable rate and no *****ing.