• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bora-hansgrohe

I am sorry if there is already a Bora thread in the clinic, I thought there was one but couldn't find it.

Anyway, Bora is having a sneakingly good season: They won 5 WT races with 5 different riders, among those a GT.
I think they do good work in general. After Sagan left a lot of money was freed. They take the races into their own hands and their tactics are pretty good. They invested in some very good possible GC riders whose ceiling was not entirely clear (Vlasov, Hindley, Higuita), and I think all of them made some kind of progress from before, even if Higuita was not in great form for the Vuelta.
Looking at how terrible the season started for them, with all the corona infections and other health issues, how Schachmann has had to end his season early because of a fatigue syndrom, Buchmann's and Kämna's health issues... They don't need a top form Sagan... the team in general is just performing really, really well.

I don't want to state anything specific, just talk about it: what do we make of it? It seems to me they don't get talked about a lot and it's not possible to have a really open discussion in the road section, so I think it's better here.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Maybe the riders had some potential in them (which wasn't shown in earlier races) but have now shown some of that potential this year by way of wins. The word potential gets used a lot in another area of the forum. Also, they don't get talked about a lot because all the talk seems to be about another person who had loads of potential and has now shown it by way of wins. Leading to being talked about loads more, taking the lots of talk about Bora away.

Time for another rum.

To find the old thread:

kFEdYjA.png

But it is also on the first page here in the clinic, so just checking that would have been enough.

To find the old thread:

kFEdYjA.png

But it is also on the first page here in the clinic, so just checking that would have been enough.

I didn't regard that as the Bora thread, but if it is, the mods can melt/move my post.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99

TRENDING THREADS