• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bottle with easy-to-open valve?

My front teeth have become sensitive to pressure, making it painful to bite open the valve on the "standard" Specialized water bottles. I guess I could open the valve by hand before removing the bottle from the cage, but due to arthritis that isn't always easy for me either. (Yes, I'm a bit of a mess. :)) Can anyone recommend a bottle, preferably with a capacity of around 24 ounces or 700 ml, with a valve that's easier to open?

May 23, 2010
Visit site
JeanRobic said:
My front teeth have become sensitive to pressure, making it painful to bite open the valve on the "standard" Specialized water bottles. I guess I could open the valve by hand before removing the bottle from the cage, but due to arthritis that isn't always easy for me either. (Yes, I'm a bit of a mess. :)) Can anyone recommend a bottle, preferably with a capacity of around 24 ounces or 700 ml, with a valve that's easier to open?

The camelback bottles have a turn valve and can be left open..

VDV.jpg

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
You can getr a bottle top with a squeez valve it dosnt leak out untill you squeez the bottle . ther seem to be pleanty around bike shops.
it is a bit limited as to how much you get out of it if you like big slugs instead of sipps

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The Camelback Podiums work really well in terms of zero spill. They can also be bought with insulation keep fluids cold or warm. I did have to throw one out after a couple of weeks because the twist valve is very difficult to clean and there was clearly some liquid/energy powder in the valve which was turning a nasty shade of green :( Having said that, the other bottle bought back in early spring this year is still going strong with no probs.

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS