Bravo Paul Willerton!

Oct 8, 2012
237
1
0
Thank you Paul Willerton! Finally somebody with the balls to stand up to Armstrong and Nike. We have to keep this going somehow. More rides supporting drug-free sports. More pressure on Nike. Anything. It all helps. There is a huge grassroots movement going on worldwide and real change is in the air. No amount of media manipulation from Armstrong's PR firm is going to change that.

Protest at Nike Headquarters... Nike should cut ties with Lance Armstrong:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Protesters-Nike-should-cut-ties-with-Lance-Armstrong-174417261.html
 
Aug 3, 2010
843
0
0
Paul is a good guy. Asked all the right questions a long time ago. Next time you need some socks, buy Defeet.
 
Sep 29, 2012
13
0
0
spetsa said:
Paul is a good guy. Asked all the right questions a long time ago. Next time you need some socks, buy Defeet.
I was wondering what the name of his sock company -- thanks. I am going to be throwing away some socks that I don't like anymore and will need to replace them.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
DeFeet make the best socks, undershirts, arm warmers, and gloves in the business. Love their stuff
 
Aug 21, 2012
138
0
0
Didn't Willerton do some MTB in the early-to-mid '90s? Seemed like a decent guy.

He seemed to fade out of the sport when the supercharged Euro roadies began their exodus to the dirt.

Watching those Euro-pros cream the NA crowd and snatch up the big contracts and prize money during the sport's heyday was eye-opening.
 
Jul 14, 2009
2,499
0
0
Race Radio said:
DeFeet make the best socks, undershirts, arm warmers, and gloves in the business. Love their stuff
Paul way to go!! you probably were stewing of a way you could exploit the evil Armstrong empire, bravo. Kind of your own occupy Nike thing, really cool. it's weird that Defeet didn't have a better vetting process on the front end before sponsoring all these dopers,past, present and future. After Nike maybe you guys can roll down to Amgen,loads of questions that need answers from those guys.

http://www.thedrugsshop.net
 
Big Daddy said:
Thank you Paul Willerton! Finally somebody with the balls to stand up to Armstrong and Nike. We have to keep this going somehow. More rides supporting drug-free sports. More pressure on Nike. Anything. It all helps. There is a huge grassroots movement going on worldwide and real change is in the air. No amount of media manipulation from Armstrong's PR firm is going to change that.

Protest at Nike Headquarters... Nike should cut ties with Lance Armstrong:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Protesters-Nike-should-cut-ties-with-Lance-Armstrong-174417261.html
there are worse things to protest nike for than sticking by armstrong.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Paul-excellent to hear of your good work. Didn't know you were in Bend but would have expected to see you heckle some of the other Northwesterners at Masters Nationals. Keep up the fight and respond if you can.
 
Mar 12, 2009
349
0
0
I had no idea he started DeFeet! Excellent stuff, pricey but worth it. Willerton is, or at least was good friends with Greg Lemond. I think Lemond helped with his training for the '94 mtb worlds.
 
Oct 8, 2012
237
1
0
Paul Willerton, thank you! This man deserves a huge amount of gratitude for standing up and having the courage to demonstrate for drug-free sports in front of Nike yesterday. And with the news today that Nike has dropped Armstrong there is some hope that all the small grass-roots efforts for denouncing those that dope, cheat, lie and promoting cleaner sport are making a difference.
 
Big Daddy said:
Paul Willerton, thank you! This man deserves a huge amount of gratitude for standing up and having the courage to demonstrate for drug-free sports in front of Nike yesterday. And with the news today that Nike has dropped Armstrong there is some hope that all the small grass-roots efforts for denouncing those that dope, cheat, lie and promoting cleaner sport are making a difference.
I don't know if he was the real catalyst for Nike's decision but props for doing it. I suspect it was more like some members of the board were not happy having Lance under contract, and they pressured the other members to drop him.
 
Oct 8, 2012
237
1
0
cineteq said:
I don't know if he was the real catalyst for Nike's decision but props for doing it. I suspect it was more like some members of the board were not happy having Lance under contract, and they pressured the other members to drop him.

Paul's demonstration was ikely not the catalyst for change and I agree that Nike had to look at the financial bottom-line. I do though think it is mighty awesome what he did to stand up and speak out at Nike's headquarters.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS