• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Breschel to Rabobank, Nuyens out ?

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Breukink says to Sporza that the Rabobank team can now form a strong team for the classics consisting of Boom, Langeveld and Breschel.
Good for Breschel because he's not bothered with Spartacus anymore. But what I also noticed is that Breukink doesn't say anything about Nuyens... Does this mean they're letting him go? Thoughts?

Erik Breukinks reaction from the Sporza-site

"Breschel heeft al laten zien dat hij een van de meest talentvolle renners is voor eendagwedstrijden. Samen met Lars Boom en Sebastian Langeveld hebben we nu een sterk blok voor de klassiekers", zegt technisch directeur Erik Breukink.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Well that would be logical
Nuyens didn't really did what he was signed for.

no he didn't but this year he was good in the opening weekend(omloop and KBK) yet very unlucky. I'd like to see him go back to quick-step as a replacement for Devolder.

EDIT: it would also take the pressure away from Boonen. They could use him like they did in 2005 and 2006. He won some decent races then :)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Rambo had some bad luck this year, and he clearly is a man for the early season. Lets give him thru next spring before we write him off.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Now Rabobank has an interesting team for the classics but I'm not sure I'd call it "sterk". Langeveld, Boom and Breschel haven't really delivered yet.

I really rate Breschel.
I am unconvinced by Boom and his ability on these very long stages.
As for Langeveld, well I think he is due for something big. Very talented rider.

TRENDING THREADS