• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel Evans, the chameleon

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
I suspect we'll be able to tell before Jan is over.

I wouldn't go that far. Even last year he was still competitive in many races with little preparation. I think he put in a good performance in the races during Jan at least.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't think he wants to be competitive, i think he wants to win. Another season like 2012 or 2013 and that might be it. If he can't muster the effort for one good day in Australia I'd say he won't feature this year.

Black
473222-cadel-evans.jpg

White
Cadel_Evans_1507697c.jpg

Yellow
gal_cadel5-600x400.jpg

Brown
000_dv709107_600.jpg

Red
Link.

auscyclefan94 said:
I have a sneaking suspicion this will be his last season as a professional.

:(

Definitely. He's saying goodbye. Why else would he ride the Nationals, the TDU, dodge his favourite race the Tour and have another shot at his home tour the Giro ? He knows he has a much better chance of a good result in the Giro than the Tour. He will finish with another one of his favourite races, the Tour of Lombardy. He's not the type to hang around doing domestique duties for younger riders. I would be happy to see him get a good win this year in a good quality race and a podium in the Giro would be nice but won't be easy. I think another Aussie has a good shot at winning the Giro this year.