• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Calling out dopers, ignoring others, Omertà and hypocrisy

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DirtyWorks said:
yaco said:
Doesn't change the fact that booing is a negative reaction

It's not negative. It's honest. Reasonable people have a reaction when they see still more dopers climbing the podium.

It's selective honesty - Seeing it's a possibility dopers fill all spots on the podium - And it stills fail to understand the different responses at the TDF, Giro and Vuelta.

Re: Calling out dopers, ignoring others, Omertà and hypocris

here's a comment about LIbertine Seguros' post, I found on Velorooms forum

the poster name is "Riding Too Slowly"

That was a very good post she wrote. Like others I now avoid the clinic; about twice a week scan over less than half a dozen threads. Very little of quality is posted there.

I like LS and virtually all she writes is worth reading but she has got the trajectory of Emma Pooley wrong and seems fixated on trying to make a narrative based on a wrong founding perception. She hasn't worked out why Pooley was the "goto" girl for the jiffybag excuse. Pooley was never asked if she had received the bag from Cope; Lawton had done his homework before he spoke to her.

Try and think what would have happened if Pooley was not date fixed at a race 1,000km away and could say said "yes, Cope did give me a jiffy bag". Think that one through real hard and get to the end.

Try and think why she might had responded in that way. And for the answer to that we are back at the trajectory of Pooley through British Cycling.

And to understand that we are back with Sutton and a possible gold/silver plan in 2008.

TRENDING THREADS