• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can Latour win Le Tour thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Pierre Latour thread

What the heel are you talking about, Roger looks great on the bike.

Now let's just hope the french doesn't get carried away and let him do giro and/or vuelta for some years still.

Still 22, no? Great talent. Let him develop for 3 years, better the TT - and continue attacking he will be great.

Interview with CN: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pierre-latour-i-have-to-keep-improving-in-every-department/

"I should be going to the Tour. It depends what shape I’m in, how I arrive at that period, but that’s the plan."

"I cope well with the climbs. I’m not as good a climber as a pure climber, but on a flat time trial I’m better. I think I’m more complete than a pure climber."

"For the moment, with the level I have, the week-long races suit me well. Three weeks, at the moment, is really too long. Over three weeks the really small details count – the recuperation and everything. You have to be so focused for three weeks, and I think I’d struggle there. I think maybe that will come with age."

"I hope to go to a week-long WorldTour race and fight for the GC. This year I was 14th at Pais Vasco, 12th at Romandie, so I’d like to break into the top 10 at a race like that. That’s already a big objective of my season. Then after that, win some races, and also help Romain as best as possible when I’m racing with him."

The tricolor! :)

Amazing ride, Brigitte and Bernadette were outstanding. Still 23 years of age...
DC8C7j1XsAEWp53.jpg

Re: Pierre Latour thread

Tonton said:
This was a huge win for him today. PRL is for real. Very long ITT, very tough weather conditions, and he was mighty strong. Bravo Pierre!

It is a sunny but windy day. I heard that his bike is designed to handle crossword better. I believe bike could a little bit as Alexis also did well and finished at 5th. At the end, LRP is great... Only 23. He is a real deal.

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
0712b.jpg

:cool:

If I'm not mistaken, he will wear the white jersey today because Küng was 2nd on the stage and so has to wear the green jersey.

He was motivated to top-20 the stage (17th at 25s) because of a bet with a staff member. So he won some muesli. :p

You're mistaken (Küng will wear white, Kiryienka green).

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Alexandre B. said:
0712b.jpg

:cool:

If I'm not mistaken, he will wear the white jersey today because Küng was 2nd on the stage and so has to wear the green jersey.

He was motivated to top-20 the stage (17th at 25s) because of a bet with a staff member. So he won some muesli. :p

You're mistaken (Küng will wear white, Kiryienka green).

AG2R signing press confirmed that, in AG2R team management point of view, Latour is in the level as 2 of more proven cyclists, Naesen and Bardet.

However, media doesn't consider Latour as a White and GC contender yet.

Let wait for the end of Stage 5, if Latour has White quality, he will get the jersey there.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Will he ride Pais Vasco?
I am wondering what kind of climber he is, from his climbing style you'd think he is a diesel, but perhaps he can be punchy as well? He finished top-20 in FW last 2 years
His targets in the first part of the season have been Catalunya (3rd) and Romandie, so it's pretty unlikely he will race Pais Vasco.

TRENDING THREADS