• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can We Make It Easier to Ignore Trolls?

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it's possible to change how the MB engine works, but would it be possible to make the option to ignore users more visible? It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to add this new troll (Deadlift) to the ignore list. Essentially, the only way seems to be going to one's profile and choosing "edit ignore list". It would be nice if I could click on the troll's user profile, and then have an "add to the ignore list" option.

Thanks and appreciation to the mods for their good work.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
ludwig said:
I don't know if it's possible to change how the MB engine works, but would it be possible to make the option to ignore users more visible? It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to add this new troll (Deadlift) to the ignore list. Essentially, the only way seems to be going to one's profile and choosing "edit ignore list". It would be nice if I could click on the troll's user profile, and then have an "add to the ignore list" option.

Thanks and appreciation to the mods for their good work.

This question is not a snark. I really would like a considered answer. What is wrong with scrolling past the troll? I have been following a thread with a notorious shapeshifting troll and I just don't read its posts.

I think it would be easier for some members, that's all.

I'm going to post a three-step "how to" on ignoring, as this has become a rather thorny issue, as many of you have already seen.

BroDeal said:
Why cannot they just ban the block of IP addresses this guy uses?
I'm not an IT person, nor have such powers at CN, but I believe this is being worked on by the powers that be.