• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can you help a cyclist student?

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Help me I'm desperate!

Hey guys, my name is Jakub and I am from the Czech Republic. Currently, I am finishing the last year of university. I love cycling, so my university dissertation is focused on this topic, mainly roadbike carbon wheels.

It would awesome if you help me by participating in a very short research. It won't take you more than two minutes to fill and your answer will help a lot. I've already tried everything but still don't have enough answers..

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/t0qdHENiqFmAgwAo1

Questionnaire is anonymous and it doesn't store email addresses of participants.

Feel free to share it with your cyclists buddies and give me a feedback!

JacobCzech said:
Help me I'm desperate!

Hey guys, my name is Jakub and I am from the Czech Republic. Currently, I am finishing the last year of university. I love cycling, so my university dissertation is focused on this topic, mainly roadbike carbon wheels.

It would awesome if you help me by participating in a very short research. It won't take you more than two minutes to fill and your answer will help a lot. I've already tried everything but still don't have enough answers..

Link:

Questionnaire is anonymous and it doesn't store email addresses of participants.

It's interesting that I've seen other surveys here on this site that have some of the same exact questions, but those surveys were from spammers. I don't think that I'm going out on a limb here by assuming that you're not a university student at all, but another spammer of some sort looking to gain information for targeted spam attacks.

There are a number of red flags that I see in your post and survey but I'm not going to list them here to be learned from for a later date.

I've removed the link to your survey and I'll allow this topic to remain open to see if you come back. By all means, convince me of the legitimacy of your post.

Sorry, but this isn't a new thing you're trying.

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Irondan said:
JacobCzech said:
Help me I'm desperate!

Link:

It's interesting that I've seen other surveys here on this site that have some of the same exact questions, but those surveys were from spammers. I don't think that I'm going out on a limb here by assuming that you're not a university student at all, but another spammer of some sort looking to gain information for targeted spam attacks.

There are a number of red flags that I see in your post and survey but I'm not going to list them here to be learned from for a later date.

I've removed the link to your survey and I'll allow this topic to remain open to see if you come back. By all means, convince me of the legitimacy of your post.

Hey Irondan, I fully understand you.
I must admit, that this probably look suspicios. But I don't really know, how to convince you that I actually need this to complete my dissertation research.
However, my dissertation topic is focused on introduction of carbon wheel-sets on foreign markets, and since I am from the Czech Republic, I had to find a way how to adress foreign cyclists in order to complete the research. I study final year in marketing communications and the result of the theses should be a campaign focused on foreign cyclists.
This forum was one of the options, so I registered and tried. (not only here, but also on several other, english speaking forums).
Nontheless I really understand your concerns about this, and if you don't believe me, please don't waste your time a delete this thread. I won't be mad, it's your job..

Thanks again.

JacobCzech said:
Irondan said:
JacobCzech said:
Help me I'm desperate!

Link:

I must admit, that this probably look suspicios. But I don't really know, how to convince you that I actually need this to complete my dissertation research.
However, my dissertation topic is focused on introduction of carbon wheel-sets on foreign markets, and since I am from the Czech Republic, I had to find a way how to adress foreign cyclists in order to complete the research. I study final year in marketing communications and the result of the theses should be a campaign focused on foreign cyclists.
This forum was one of the options, so I registered and tried. (not only here, but also on several other, english speaking forums).
Nontheless I really understand your concerns about this, and if you don't believe me, please don't waste your time a delete this thread. I won't be mad, it's your job..

Thanks again.
Thanks for the info Jakub. Just the fact that you came back and posted in your defence is something a real spammer would never do. I'll take your word for it and put the link to your survey back.

Good luck! :)

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Tricycle Rider said:
JacobCzech said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Hmmm... which part of the Czech Republic? Bohemian or Moravian?

Moreover, which university?

Living in South Moravia, studying in Zlín. :)
Kurva do prdele takze rozumis? (Sorry, don't have the proper accent marks on my English keyboard, but I'm sure I still have the proper Moravian language.)

Narodila sem se v Olomouci, btw.

Jééé, samozřejmě, že rozumím! To bych fakt nečekal, že tu narazím na někoho z ČR! Pretty accurate Moravian language! At least you know now, I am not a hacker or spammer, just a student :D

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Irondan said:
JacobCzech said:
Irondan said:
JacobCzech said:
Help me I'm desperate!

Link:

Thanks again.
Thanks for the info Jakub. Just the fact that you came back and posted in your defence is something a real spammer would never do. I'll take your word for it and put the link to your survey back.

Good luck! :)

Thank you very much sir! :)

From Olmütz? That's the birthplace of Germany's greatest journalist

franz-josef-wagner.jpg

This is something that annoys me in many surveys: you ask "Do you consider buying a set of carbon wheels?", I answer No, and then you ask me "How much are you willing to pay for a set of carbon wheels?".

The second question should not be mandatory.

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Re:

carolina said:
This is something that annoys me in many surveys: you ask "Do you consider buying a set of carbon wheels?", I answer No, and then you ask me "How much are you willing to pay for a set of carbon wheels?".

The second question should not be mandatory.

You're right. Thank you for your feedback!

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I opened the link out of curiosity then closed the window but it wouldn't allow me to leave without clicking 'leave' or 'stay' on a pop-up window. That kind of thing only usually happens with data gathering spam/pop-up website in my experience. Is this normal and innocuous for a google document like this?
I'd like to help Jacob but I'm cautious. Cyber crime is extremely advanced these days. Maybe I'm paranoid.

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Dan2016 said:
I opened the link out of curiosity then closed the window but it wouldn't allow me to leave without clicking 'leave' or 'stay' on a pop-up window. That kind of thing only usually happens with data gathering spam/pop-up website in my experience. Is this normal and innocuous for a google document like this?
I'd like to help Jacob but I'm cautious. Cyber crime is extremely advanced these days. Maybe I'm paranoid.

I tried, and it does same thing to me. I think that it's something with Google.. But I understand you Dan.
Thanks for your time anyways

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
No worries Jacob. I'll wait and see if anyone more tech-knowledgeable (is that a word?) than me can give an opinion. Like I said I'd like to help, just being cautious (maybe paranoid).

kingjr said:
From Olmütz? That's the birthplace of Germany's greatest journalist

franz-josef-wagner.jpg
Wer ist dieser Mann? Ich habe Deutsch und Deutsche Literatur hier in Amerika an der Uni studiert, und for vielen vielen Jahren habe ich in Deutschland gewohnt. Aber diesen Journalist kenne ich wahrscheinlich nicht.

(Is that grammatically correct? Geeze, my German is even more broken than my Czech. Like they say - if you don't use it you lose it. Needless to say my English spellchecker is going apeshit. :lol: )

Tricycle Rider said:
Wer ist dieser Mann? Ich habe Deutsch und Deutsche Literatur hier in Amerika an der Uni studiert, und for vielen vielen Jahren habe ich in Deutschland gewohnt. Aber diesen Journalist kenne ich wahrscheinlich nicht.

(Is that grammatically correct? Geeze, my German is even more broken than my Czech. Like they say - if you don't use it you lose it. Needless to say my English spellchecker is going apeshit. :lol: )

Almost perfect, except the 'for' needs to be 'vor' (I blame the spellchecker) :D and strictly speaking there should be a comma between 'vielen vielen' :p .

And that man is Franz Josef Wagner, maybe the country's most reviled journalist. A school dropout who somehow got himself a job at the Bild-Zeitung.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Josef_Wagner

kingjr said:
And that man is Franz Josef Wagner, maybe the country's most reviled journalist. A school dropout who somehow got himself a job at the Bild-Zeitung.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Josef_Wagner
Ach soooooo. I wouldn't have heard of him then, we studied classic German literature in school, not some trashy journalist.

Love this description of him: „Er gilt als cholerisch, viril, impulsiv, reaktionär, hysterisch, zynisch, chaotisch, mithin unerträglich.“ That could almost describe my current president. :lol:

Sorry for going way, waaay off topic, folks, but it's nice to learn something new every day.