• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cancellara and the hour

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
This one's directed to Bigboat and the like.

We've all seen Fabian single handedly pull the Saxo train in the TTT and obviously know he's an absolute powerhouse and ITT monster.

Question to you is does he have the necessary numbers (Doped or undoped) to have a shot at the hour record? He does well in both prologues and longer TT's, so would his Wattages stack up?

Over to others.

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Yes.

I'd prefer to see him go after the Hour Performance (aero bike) distance set by Chris Boardman, which is nearly 57km, and hasn't been attempted since Chris set it.

Hey, anyone remember Lance' excuse when he was outed for seeing Dr. Ferrari? :rolleyes:

Nice Alpe. You constantly moan about how you are sick of hearing about Lance and yet first chance you get to bring him up, despite it having nothing to do with question posed.
I really think you have secret LA fantasies.:p

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Most of these Tour G.C. riders only go for what makes them money and aids their endorsement deals...the Hour is very do-able for sparticus but it would take a fairly large effort (months of prep) and this would F up his money making potential in far bigger Classics and Tours.

Also, its a record on a track not a big Pro race...his team wont be there to dope with him. He'd have to find a way to dope with another source.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
Also, its a record on a track not a big Pro race...his team wont be there to dope with him. He'd have to find a way to dope with another source.

You really think that doesn't work without his team?
He won gold and bronze in Beijing without Saxo:p

I don't think that he'd need a lot of preparation for a record attempt... Sometime after the Worlds would be no problem...

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Hayden Roulston said:
You really think that doesn't work without his team?
He won gold and bronze in Beijing without Saxo:p

I don't think that he'd need a lot of preparation for a record attempt... Sometime after the Worlds would be no problem...

Yeah good point.

TRENDING THREADS