• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cancellara and the Swiss TT

Considering the main reward for winning the national tt is that you get to wear the jersey during time trials. Cancellara is already the world champion so will have to wear that during the time trialls instead.

I know thats only till october but has he even done a time trial since he last won the wc? i count 2, during the tds, so his main tt period - tdf and then wc, is still ahead of him and hell be wearing the world jersey anyway.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Considering the main reward for winning the national tt is that you get to wear the jersey during time trials. Cancellara is already the world champion so will have to wear that during the time trialls instead.

I know thats only till october but has he even done a time trial since he last won the wc? i count 2, during the tds, so his main tt period - tdf and then wc, is still ahead of him and hell be wearing the world jersey anyway.

Tour of Oman, and Tour of California. Won neither of them.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
nvpacchi said:
Tour of Oman, and Tour of California. Won neither of them.

Both meaningless, one early season and the other after a massive classics focus.

If he decides to do the world TT champs it will be Spartacus first and daylight second just like other years!:)

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I think he rode last year and was second. Right?

He will win WC again so there is no real need to ride for NC jersey when he wont wear it. Plus, his palmares are "good" for this year.
So far this year no one had greater average speed on ITT to that of Cancellara at worlds ITT last year.