• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cancellara at Monte Paschi Eroica

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
devil's advocate:

does Cancellara's ride at Monte Paschi Eroica/Strade Bianchi, put his 2010 classic's season into relief?

That, and the 2009 ride at Mondresio World Championships in Switzerland, the 2008 Beijing timetrial, all put Cancellara's performances into more applicable light

Sniper?

Re:

ebandit said:
dunno but cance likely to have dialled in full genius prog for final big bang season ..Mark L
I think if Canc has been on full program throughout his career, there is no reaon why he would have dialled back in the last few seasons. Good form now is probably because of an extended rest at the end of last season (enforced by injury), combined with starting training for this season earlier than others. It seems to have led to a very nice peak in time for the classics.

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
ebandit said:
dunno but cance likely to have dialled in full genius prog for final big bang season ..Mark L

Assuming that one might have "dialed in" a doping regimen by this time, it would be reasonable to go full steam on what has worked before. Use all of the scheduling and "non-testing" blanks in ones calendar, call in your favorite chemists and get it done!

Perhaps no different than what any sports person does if he or she is laying the groundwork for a final world Cup, Olympics, etc. In cycling which is a relatively small sport compared to football, athletics, etc. a big star like Cance might also be able to count on the cooperation of those in charge to look the other way. In American Football Peyton Manning has had the powers look the other way so as not to spoil his perfect last season with an unseemly drug bust !

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
did i see cance get out of the saddle when he accellerated?
maybe this diagram applies:

in-saddle Muur 2010 --> doping + motor
out-of-saddle Monte Paschi Ero(t)ica 2016 --> doping only*

(*possibly with motor on the flat to save energy for MPE)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ofcourse he has always been on a heavy full ret@rd program. never in doubt.

but name me one at the pointy end who is not on the full ret@rd?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

blackcat said:
ofcourse he has always been on a heavy full ret@rd program. never in doubt.

but name me one at the pointy end who is not on the full ret@rd?
Delion? :)

Anybody have today's l'Equipe at his disposal?
Has an interview there with Cance on p. 40/41. Also some questions about the motor accusations. Nothing new in his answers there though.
There's also a huge photo of Cance on p. 41, which made me consider bumping the Lantern Jaw thread, but i won't :)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
If there's a performance I now suspect of being motorized it's Horner in you know where in you know when.

If there was ever a performance so ridiculous even drugs can't explain it, that would be it.

nah, he was about 10lbs lighter, and his chrono had fallen thru the floor

it started two years previous at Tour of Cali, Amgen Edgar Tour of California, when Matt Busche was doing sterling lieutenant work

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

jens_attacks said:
But then you see his blood values, his muscles and his skin.
Papy horner was 100% legit.

2a4db371003dd9eb0b06588ddd6f6bcd.jpg

TRENDING THREADS