• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Canyon Bikes - what say ye?

I know of someone who also had issues with a road bike, took ages to get a warranty, they wanted the whole frame-set returned and forgot to send back the forks so he ended up riding in the national championships on his winter bike.

I also know a few mountain bikers who have them and absolutely love them. No problems to report on that front and that's more recent so maybe they have stepped up their service.

They certainly are good value and very good bikes too, but weigh it up against the usual issues with buying from remote locations online and local stores when it comes to warranty claims.

I've heard rumours they're trying to get US distribution sorted out which would certainly help you.

I have a Canyon, and related my experiences on the other thread.

The bike itself is great, I am very happy with it and except for a minor rear derailleur problem I have had no problems after 30,000 km.

Excellent value, but there must be other great bikes available over there so I can't see being bothered trying to get one in the US until they have actually set up distribution there.

A bloke at work's got one. He's in his late 50's, proper old school, won't wear a helmet. It's very understated but looks absolutely fantastic, with full Ultegra DI2. His 'best' bike is a Cervelo, but he says he prefers this one going up hills.

It's usually the last thing I see in the bike racks before getting the lift of doom up to my workplace. Gives me a bit of extra motivation that I could afford something similar soon :) Will try and find out the exact model and the cost. They do have a reputation for excellent value for money here in the UK

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Better late than never :) I have 2 of them. Their M or 54 geometry fits me well and no particular issues with warranty. This being said I did buy them for price/performance rather than looks. Then again by the time I add my own wheels, saddle and other bits and bobs it does get a more familiar look and I'm not sure the frame technology progress has been that big over the years (which might be true for others as well tbh, once you're targeting a certain geometry). I'm equally happy on the old (think Cadel Evans) or new (think Quintana) Ultimate CF's.