• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlton kirby - has to go !!

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's been more than 10 years now since the creation of this thread, but Carlton Kirby is still here. In my opinion he sucks, but he sucks with a style of his own, I'll give him that.

He's an example to everyone. He's clearly a good guy who people like working with. And that goes a long way.

Be nice like Carlton and the world will be yours.

I know that this is in the road race section, but CK excelled himself in the new Track Champions event from Majorca today. In the very first race, he persistently confused the Russian rider with the Polish one: Both riders had very large numbers, their national flag on their arms, kit reflecting national colours (red with blue and white for the Russian, white with red for the Pole) Gazprom in large letters on the Russian guy's chest at exactly the moment the co-commentator was talking about advertising space on the kit, and captions on the screen as each rider was shown.

Does he do any research before he starts commentating?
Does he look at the thing he is talking about?
And does he ever admit his mistakes?

I loved his rhetorical question near the end of the event too: "Only 2 points between first and second, how close is that?"
Errr, it's a difference of two points, Carlton.

I know that this is in the road race section, but CK excelled himself in the new Track Champions event from Majorca today. In the very first race, he persistently confused the Russian rider with the Polish one
In his defence, the kits may have been in the country colours, but they were pretty horrible.

I only watched the first 90 minutes of it, but I didn't understand why they suddenly cut away from Hatch and Laura Kenny.
I assume Hatch and Kenny were the commentators for the UCI whereas Kirby and Rowsell-Shand were doing it for EurosportGCN and eurosport were having sound issues agaaaiinn...

Carlton: I don't know about you, Magnus, but the dog and the shadow seems to appear annually in the windswept deserts of UAE.
Magnus: You are indeed correct, Carlton. The Taylor Swift crowd does not seem to appreciate the sounds of a full symphonic orchestra.
Carlton: Sean? What say you? Sean, you there? Sean?
Sean: Well, erm, yes, Carlton. The breakaway has a two minute lead with 80 km's to go. It would take a monumental effort to hold off the hard-charging peloton.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS