• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cat or Dog

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Cat vs Dog

• Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
cats,dogs birds...i used to have many different parrots and we had
a pair of mallards for a while. animals are great fun to watch and hang out
with. even snakes,spiders, insects are fascinating.

If we are adding in non-dog cat combos, my son would like to open a zoo - currently there is, in addition to the dog and two cats, a cockatiel, an assortment of salt water fish, and a dwarf hamster. In the past year we had a chameleon, gecko, salamander, a couple of tarantellas, a snake that was in a biking accident, and a couple of rabbits. Yesterday we almost were down to the dog and two cats when one of the cats figured out how to open the hamster cage. My son caught the cat with the hamster inside it's mouth.

Of all those creatures - I still have to go with the cats.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Funny. If it was a rooster, your cat must be huge. Did you cook it?

He is not big - probably around 9-10lbs, but he is a very good hunter. We did cook the pheasant, but only after he ate the head and neck. He loves the crunch of eating heads! Australian rabbits and Canadian field mice are his favourites, although chipmunks and the occasional squirrel are also OK. We don't have to feed him much!

A

Anonymous

I thought my question would get a few good replies:D

To be honest, I don't mind cats, but i've always had dogs.

Dogs are a bit like little kids (well small dogs are, not big dogs) and are playful for a good 10 years, and always very loyal. Once they get older, their loyalty increases

I've never had a cat, but have considered getting a cat as a friend for my dog. My dog recently lost his mentor (age 14) and he seems like he needs another friend, either another small dog and I was considering a cat.

a friend has two bengal cats which are really playful

whats the point of cats? well, the cat people answered that well

whats the point of dogs? susan threw me off a bit there, i had to think haha. but i reckon loyalty, playfulness, responsive very caring nature. only downside of my dog is his barking at the door bell. he goes NUTS!!! it's a little embarrassing when someone comes over... i'm sure a cat wouldn't do that;):p

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Mountain Goat said:
... it's a little embarrassing when someone comes over... i'm sure a cat wouldn't do that;):p

I know I am over talking this thread a little but I had a Siamese cat who loved to jump on the shoulders of guests - once took the wig off of a Jehovah's Witness who stopped by to see if we needed any help :D

Reactions: Bubba
A

Anonymous

CentralCaliBike said:
I know I am over talking this thread a little but I had a Siamese cat who loved to jump on the shoulders of guests - once took the wig off of a Jehovah's Witness who stopped by to see if we needed any help :D

what a perfect cat!!!

when three young girls rang my doorbell at 8am on Halloween (note the AM - and note we don't do halloween in australia) and my dog chased them down the driveway barking at them.

it was pretty funny, he's harmless, and would never bite anyone unless seriously threatened but he too was shocked at being woken up that early on a saturday for a holiday that we do not understand nor celebrate ever. so there are some upside of his over-protectiveness

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I use to love both cat and dog but i dont have both of them.I wanted to have cat at my house with me as i like cat slightly more than the dog, but my mom have them lot as she likes her house to be clean and if cat will be there in house it wil roam here and there in house and will make things from here and there that's why she is not interested in keeping any cat at home.

I am an animal person and at the moment have both a cat and a dog. The dog is mostly a soppy attention ***** but it's great being able to take her to the beach, for walks and to playfight with. The cat on the otherhand, a Burmese, has character. Often content to do as it pleases, when it wants attention it'll let you know first by howling then by biting if you're stationary or by flying - claws out, leaps at your thighs if you're not. He feigns affection, snuggling under an arm on cold nights which could be nice if it wasn't for the fact that I always awaken in the middle of the night with his teeth gripped around my neck... not hard enough to pierce the skin, just hard enough to wake you up and let you know that he had the chance to finish you off and could have taken it if he wanted!!

Picture1.jpg

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dogs are more, fun, active, don't run away as much as cats and most of all dogs are loyal. Because cats do everything by themselves it would just get a bit boring for me. Dog person all the way. i have a Border Collie:)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
both taste pretty good. better than alligator, but not as good as snake. dog wasn't too different from kangaroo. i expected cat to be like rabbit, but it was more like horse.

TRENDING THREADS