• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cav shocker! Cav protecting Lance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.itv.com/news/2013-01-15/...ver-after-repeated-lance-armstrong-questions/

Cyclist Mark Cavendish had an angry outburst today after being repeatedly asked his opinion about Lance Armstrong's 'doping confession' at an event in Ghent, Belgium.

“Can you get him away please. Please get this guy away. He just wants to talk about Lance, **** off.

article_8dd696d9297c3adb_1358284041_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

article_5cd9ee4058062526_1358284182_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say he's protecting him, but he probably doesn't want to have to "equate" or "distance" anything done at USPS/Discovery to what SKY did last year.:D...

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Initially he addressed two questions posed, saying: "There's been reports that he's confessed to doping but I haven't seen any interviews yet, so until then I can't really comment".
So he answered the question but people kept on asking him the same thing hence getting p!ssed off. Hog spinning it as Cav protecting Armstrong. Usual Hog garbage.

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Pat M needs to send out some talking points to his employees.

"years ago"

"cleaner now"

"cancer deeds"

"now about this year's Green Jersey (fill in your teams alternative goal here).

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Old School said:
I wouldn't say he's protecting him, but he probably doesn't want to have to "equate" or "distance" anything done at USPS/Discovery to what SKY did last year.:D...

Hi whole thing is always "you guys in the media talk about doping all the time, why don't you focus on me and my achievements"....

he may have a point, but sadly a lot of people are interested in it at the moment, so of course the media are going to ask questions.

I dont know if I would get annoyed if I was one of the best sprinters ever, and the first question is "Hi there, any comments on lance" day after day after day.

PremiereEtape said:
Hi whole thing is always "you guys in the media talk about doping all the time, why don't you focus on me and my achievements"....

he may have a point, but sadly a lot of people are interested in it at the moment, so of course the media are going to ask questions.

I dont know if I would get annoyed if I was one of the best sprinters ever, and the first question is "Hi there, any comments on lance" day after day after day.

Where has he been, and what sport does he think he is in?

This kind of outburst minimally plants confirming seeds of doubt in people's minds about his own PED abuse.

Dave.

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
If you or I are fed up that's ok, but a cyclist is fed up he's doping & protecting Lance

Mate, get your had off it...if I was him, I'd be fed up too

Cant this thread be locked for trolling?

Maybe some of what Cav said would fit into some thread somewhere. But the OP chose to create a thread to sell this non story as "breaking news" that cav is protecting lance. Which is clearly not the case. So its trolling no?

Mrs John Murphy said:
Frodo's apparent hypocrisy when it comes to dopers and condemning some, while refusing to condemn others is however, worth discussing no?

Not under this title no. I remember there were threads where people asked questions about why Cav was ok with Pettachi doping and not Ricco for example.

But all this thread does is grab peoples attention by promising breaking news and some major faux pas from Cav, and it turns out to be based on this bull****

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Frodo's apparent hypocrisy when it comes to dopers and condemning some, while refusing to condemn others is however, worth discussing no?
If you want to discuss that then why not put it in it's own thread and not one that is, at best, misleading and more likely just a troll attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS