• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

change of sub-folders: BIKES AND GEAR

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Just wondering if it would make sense to put a Bikes and Gear sub-folder in under each of the major disciplines. MTBers and Crossers are much more likely to discuss gear than race results and a lot of the gear talk is very discipline specific.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Great observation. I was going to write the powers that be about this very topic. As a moderator I usually read through all the sections, and noticed that MTB, CX, and Track forums are very slow moving so you can find posts at the top that were posted weeks or even months ago.

Thought about moving all the tech talk to the Bikes & Gear section, but due to reasons I gave above, I just relegated myself to moving Bike and Gear posts when they show up in the Road General section or the Cafe.

Interested to see how one of the bosses respond to this one.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Great observation. I was going to write the powers that be about this very topic. As a moderator I usually read through all the sections, and noticed that MTB, CX, and Track forums are very slow moving so you can find posts at the top that were posted weeks or even months ago.

Thought about moving all the tech talk to the Bikes & Gear section, but due to reasons I gave above, I just relegated myself to moving Bike and Gear posts when they show up in the Road General section or the Cafe.

Interested to see how one of the bosses respond to this one.

I'm not going to claim to be a boss, but there could be some argument for this being a good idea, so I'll put it to the various tech and discipline editors for discussion.

Will let you know.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

badboyberty said:
Just wondering if it would make sense to put a Bikes and Gear sub-folder in under each of the major disciplines. MTBers and Crossers are much more likely to discuss gear than race results and a lot of the gear talk is very discipline specific.

There needs to be more traffic to make sub-forums worthwhile. The generic gear forum is low traffic as it is.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
BroDeal said:
There needs to be more traffic to make sub-forums worthwhile. The generic gear forum is low traffic as it is.

I guess I'd imagine "Road" to pick up a "Bikes and Gear" sub-folder, while the other disciplines continue to have just the one folder, but that "General" folder includes technical talk as well as race results and personalities.