• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Change was not for the better

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Two things disappointed me about the new website design right away.

Race results and reports:
Just reading the results is more difficult. The font is much smaller and the placings from 10th on down have the second digit cut off so that you cannot see it -- very irritating.

Stage Race pages:
Where are the stage maps and profiles? The profiles were one of the most important things for me. I want to see what the stage looks like, where the climbs are situated, and the distances between them, etc.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Look at the results today.
'General classification stage 7' it says, right over the top of the leader's name, which is therefore impossible to read.
This happens every day. Don't you guys read your own website?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hard to Read Results

The worst part of this new design is the difficulty in reading the race results. I can't make out what the placings are, and it takes way too many mouse clicks to get full results. And it's true that there are too many postings where numbers are placed right on top of eachother, making it impossible to read. The site is undoubtably much slower as well.

Very disappointing, but then again, they know this already. Hopefully some major changes will be made.

TRENDING THREADS