• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chipped Campag Carbon lever

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Just after some advise on fixing a chip on carbon lever. It appears the resin has chipped off, there is no cracks in the carbon and it's mainly cosmetic. Just wondering if applying some epxoy resin will do the trick ?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Chipped Levers

But the little nicks and scratched add character to the bike (or at least that's what I told my self when I nicked mine!).

I'd be careful that the fix does not look worse than the nick.

I feel your pain!

CM

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
acrylic lacquer

Use a fine sand paper, 1000 or 600 grit to feather the edges of the chip. acetone to clean off the dust and clear lacquer in very light coats let each cot dry and a light sanding just to make micro scratches so the next layer will stick. Clean with acetone an repeat 4 or 5 times until you have equaled the depth of the chip.

TRENDING THREADS