• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chris Anker Sørensen warned for missing doping test

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Chris Anker Sørensen warned for missing doping test

Chris Anker Sørensen warned for missing doping test - cyclingnews.com

I would be interested to know many riders do get warned for missing a test, and it being an honest error. I'm not going to be like blackcat, and without using a shred of evidence, saying that is proof that he is doping. I do gget the impression that CAS is clean, I believe he posted up his SRM files after the Tour didn't he?

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I would say it is not uncommon for riders, and indeed loads of other sports people, to have a missed test. I'd guess thats why you're alowed 2 misses before you get a ban.

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:

I would be interested to know many riders do get warned for missing a test, and it being an honest error. I'm not going to be like blackcat, and without using a shred of evidence, saying that is proof that he is doping. I do gget the impression that CAS is clean, I believe he posted up his SRM files after the Tour didn't he?

He wasn't the only one who did it, and by no way that inmediately means that they're clean. This said, I agree with you that to use this as evidence that Sorensen is doped is a nonsense.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:

you are missing out then.

I think there was a sociologist in the Gray Lady or in SI ESPN who said about the culture, and the amount of positives, coupled with the reaction of the peloton, what that meant (in sociological terms).

One only has to see the top tier, the GT podium from the past 15 years, and understand what the sport has become.

The individual riders can be like Julich and Voigt were in Der Spiegel video a few years brack, and cry blue murder, but the tale is stark. Clean riders should point the finger at the sport and the UCI before going someone like BigBoat who says they "all" at in it. I reckon all the Saxo Tour team are in it, and all the Columbia outfit are. I don't need explicit evidence to form an opinion of what goes on in these teams, having followed the sport for a decade and a half, and all of the putrid details. This is not a criminal court seeking to deny ones liberty.

Personally, I would like to see Landis back. And competing with the same advantages of the others. Why should Armstrong get the welcome, and Dave Millar. And the Kazakhs, and Heras, given short shrift.

Aint about Chris Anker. It is about the sport. Not about any one individual, although they are all at one point, complicit, even clean riders.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
How I look at it:

Armstrong - worth too much money to the UCI. And like any organisation, that is what it is all about, right?
Millar and Basso - I guess making half hearted apologies does work.
Kaskheckin - he had to pay for him and Vino getting done for blood doping, and since the Astana is virtually Vino's, Kash had to go.
Heras - he had to pay for Saiz's crimes.

craig1985 said:
How I look at it:

Armstrong - worth too much money to the UCI. And like any organisation, that is what it is all about, right?
Millar and Basso - I guess making half hearted apologies does work.
Kaskheckin - he had to pay for him and Vino getting done for blood doping, and since the Astana is virtually Vino's, Kash had to go.
Heras - he had to pay for Saiz's crimes.

I always figured Landis and Heras were blacklisted because they were stripped of GT wins, and therefore were primary in people's minds as 'dopers', whereas Basso, who clearly doped for a GT win but never got caught with anything, was borderline okay in terms of PR. It ain't fair, and I agree with blackcat that Floyd should be welcomed back if all the other unrepentant crazies are, but it seems to be the case that some risks are considered too big, and Heras/Landis both were bad enough PR to be rotten fish even 2 years later. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Ricco, since he wasn't stripped of a TDF but a few stages. Sure he'll be eventually welcomed back in Italy, but it might take awhile for the TDF to take him off the list of persona non grata, much like Vino.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
skidmark said:
I always figured Landis and Heras were blacklisted because they were stripped of GT wins, and therefore were primary in people's minds as 'dopers', whereas Basso, who clearly doped for a GT win but never got caught with anything, was borderline okay in terms of PR. It ain't fair, and I agree with blackcat that Floyd should be welcomed back if all the other unrepentant crazies are, but it seems to be the case that some risks are considered too big, and Heras/Landis both were bad enough PR to be rotten fish even 2 years later. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Ricco, since he wasn't stripped of a TDF but a few stages. Sure he'll be eventually welcomed back in Italy, but it might take awhile for the TDF to take him off the list of persona non grata, much like Vino.

Actually, I think the more telling comparison will be how Rasmussen gets treated, compared to Landis. If he can get on a team and then invited to TdF, then Landis has definitely been hard done by.

blackcat said:
you are missing out then.

Personally, I would like to see Landis back. And competing with the same advantages of the others. Why should Armstrong get the welcome, and Dave Millar. And the Kazakhs, and Heras, given short shrift.

I would include Koldo Gil in this group also. In your opinion why are riders like Gil, Heras and Landis getting the "blackball" in the European peloton? Gil has since pretty much given up hope and retired from the sport completely. Heras is left doing mountain bike races in Costa Rica. It's blatantly unfair in my opinion.