• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chris Horner - Giro

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Also guys keep in mind that Horner DID come to the front to do some pacemaking after Basso looked for a break just inside the 2K banner. He just couldn't keep it up for long which prompted the Sastre attack. Clearly they were all pretty fried at that point.

benpounder said:
Interview with Levi, with Dave Z as comic relief, and Chris Horner as straight man - from this mornings sign in. Worth a watch!

You know I haven't thought about this until now, but Levi has got a real Yankie drawl, Chris too I think, where as Lance, from Texas!, has a very neutral, almost Canadian, accent. I wonder if Lance intentionally lost his accent at some point?

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Dude
WTF people making it about astana and the other douches. Talk about Horner, his charisma, integrity, personality.
If you want to start a thread called what would I ask Levi, go ahead.
Horner commentary about bike racing is deep, interesting and that combined with his straight talk hopefully drives Bob Roll out of the picture.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Alpe d'Huez said:
2. What do you think of the speeds yesterday, considering Lance comments on Twitter? Did you find it that blistering fast?

Levi on Twitter:
Wow, the last 30km today was crazy! The peloton was not happy.

We had a fast downhill in the middle of the stage and we were comparing top speeds, heard JJ Haedo hit 117kph!! That's 72.7mph to be exact.

Got some ?s about what we think of going 70mph. Think about 15lb bike, 2mm thick lycra and the 190 other guys inches away! no mistakes pls

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
If I were racing I'd say I hit 100 mph, just to rag on anyone behind or complaining about the stage. Without proof who knows how fast they actually went... JJ hit 70 something downhill of course... he needs a downhill to win a ProTour race!

krebs303 said:
Levi on Twitter:
Wow, the last 30km today was crazy! The peloton was not happy.

We had a fast downhill in the middle of the stage and we were comparing top speeds, heard JJ Haedo hit 117kph!! That's 72.7mph to be exact.

Got some ?s about what we think of going 70mph. Think about 15lb bike, 2mm thick lycra and the 190 other guys inches away! no mistakes pls

Well I did watch the whole stage yesterday, and I know that Scarponi was absolutely flying, as was the peloton, but 70 mph?! I really don't know about that...

Some time ago was a fearless descender. Loved speed down big mountain passes. 40 is comfortable and fun. 50 thrilling, challenging. 60 and it starts to get unnerving, and it's hard to go faster - you're spun out in a 53x11, and must be going down a long, steep, fairly straight road. Only went over 60 a handful of times, and then, we were talking 60.5, 61...

I can't possibly imagine what it's like at 72, or even how to get there. This sounds like Paul Sherwen math.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Some time ago was a fearless descender. Loved speed down big mountain passes. 40 is comfortable and fun. 50 thrilling, challenging. 60 and it starts to get unnerving, and it's hard to go faster - you're spun out in a 53x11, and must be going down a long, steep, fairly straight road. Only went over 60 a handful of times, and then, we were talking 60.5, 61...

I can't possibly imagine what it's like at 72, or even how to get there. This sounds like Paul Sherwen math.

I was thinking the same thing. In a speedtuck at 60+ my hands are glued to the bars and my eyes are glued to the road in front.:eek: The only times I've broached 60mph I did not know it till afterwards when I could confortably (and safely) scroll to max speed on the computer.:D