• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

circumferential clamp style stems HELP???

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

I just picked up my new Ridley Damocles ISP frame and fork and I'm wondering about the warning on the fork steerer tube. The warning states I must use a circumferential rear clamp style stem.

I have a Stella Azzura Vice Versa Magnesium and a Deda 100 ahead style stem both are 1-1/8" and fit the fork. Are these two models of stem considered circumferential clamp styles.

Thanks

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
They are not the same Klien used that stem system in the 90's its OK but not great.

You need advice from where you got the frame as to where you get the stem or if a standard offset stem will be covered by warranty.

Not sure if it is a tapered steerer tube.

Campione1 said:
Hey all,

I just picked up my new Ridley Damocles ISP frame and fork and I'm wondering about the warning on the fork steerer tube. The warning states I must use a circumferential rear clamp style stem.

I have a Stella Azzura Vice Versa Magnesium and a Deda 100 ahead style stem both are 1-1/8" and fit the fork. Are these two models of stem considered circumferential clamp styles.

Thanks

What the warning means is the stem must 'clamp' around the fork steerer, with bolts outside that tighten the stem clamp to the steerer. NOT the type of stem with an internal 'wedge' that pushes against the steerer to make it tight.

TRENDING THREADS