• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CN forum tags

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I've seen some new tags around here like "Super Moderator" and at least three "Editor in Chief" tags for fairly new members. What pray tell is a super moderator? One with the power to ban or merely to fly and use X-Ray vision? And how many editors in chief do you have? Just wondering.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
It's mainly the latter, so watch out or I'll fly over to your house ;)
Any time. Fly through Belgium on the way and pick up some beer. But seriously, what's with all the editors in chief? Not sure why it's piqued my interest, but it has. And I think 'ultra mod' would have been cooler, and you could have used that tag to entice Wiggins to write a blog.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
I've seen some new tags around here like "Super Moderator" and at least three "Editor in Chief" tags for fairly new members. What pray tell is a super moderator? One with the power to ban or merely to fly and use X-Ray vision? And how many editors in chief do you have? Just wondering.

Good question. Who are these editor in Chief?

The Super Moderators are those of us who have some serious power now. What it comes down to is that you'll see less trolling, and less posts from the usual suspects.

The "Editor-in-Chief" tags is a forum glitch which should be fixed shortly.

I too like the idea of people's tags ascending through some 10 or so levels of names as their post count grows. But one step at a time here.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
A user's post tally has nothing to do with importance of thought or their power to incite meaningful discussion (not naming users, but "babes on bikes"... Really? Seriously?)

Dante's Inferno has seven circles of hell - however it's still hell no matter to what circle one is condemned.

Unless of course you'd like to grant me the title of "Über User". Then I can die happy.

Alpe d'Huez said:
The Super Moderators are those of us who have some serious power now. What it comes down to is that you'll see less trolling, and less posts from the usual suspects.

The "Editor-in-Chief" tags is a forum glitch which should be fixed shortly.

I too like the idea of people's tags ascending through some 10 or so levels of names as their post count grows. But one step at a time here.

And here I thought that the 'super' part referred to quality of work:)

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I see that some mods who were super mods are now admins. What for the sake of being inquisitive are the differences in these three levels of forum management? I would think that a mod had the power to deal with posts and threads but an admin would have the power to deal with members... am I in the ballpark?

It has to do with forum software updates, and tech availability. It could try to explain more, but there's no point.

Hopefully on Monday we'll start to see things straighten up a little and make more sense.

pedaling squares said:
Thanks Alpe. Figured that had to be a glitch. I think that when a person hits 10,000 posts they should earn the tag "Full genius".

LOL!

I thought I had a lot of posts, but there are three members on here at least who have double the amount of posts that I do, and are approaching that magical 10,000 number, and should get there in 2011.