• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CNF Clinic Award: Most Suspicious Performance of 2013

Most suspicious performance of 2013

• Cancellara, PR+RVV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
I expect fireworks here :D Discuss and nominate.

Froome would be the obvious choice but he had been building up to going full-R for a good 12 months or so. Nibali and Porte have also been at their respective levels for quite a while although both undoubtedly improved aspects this year. So I will say Horner at the Vuelta.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry horner. A 42 year old coming from obscurity in the racing season to win a GT. This performance made all the more suspicious by the fact that he is yet to be signed to another team.

chouchouuuu 4 life

1. FRA VOECKLER Thomas EUC 27'37" 20
2. RUS IGNATIEV Mikhail KAT 23" 10
3. SWE LARSSON Gustav Erik IAM 26" 5
4. ARG SEPULVEDA Eduardo BSE 26" 3
5. AUS DURBRIDGE Luke OGE 29" 0
6. ESP HERRADA LOPEZ Jesus MOV 30" 0
7. SLO SPILAK Simon KAT 36"

del1962 said:
Anyway, it is interesting than none of the monument winners are deemed suspicious enough to enter this poll, even if Tyler said something about one earlier this year

What are you suggesting?

Ciolek MSR: hardly suspicious, MSR often ends with random results and a lot of different rider types have won over the years

Cancellara RVV: only just beating Sagan on the last hill. Cance wasn't lightyears ahead of Sagan, he's just more powerful and has better technique on cobbles + more experience. Not really suspicious

Cancellara PR: closest battle in PR for a long time. Cancellara showing humanity by not destroying everybody else like he did in 2006 and 2010. Not suspicious at all.

Martin LBL: Dan Martin winning in an uphill battle against JRod, after having teammate Hesjedal doing all the work for him in the last 10k or so. Not suspicious when knowing Martin's talent.

Il Lombardia: JRod winning was no surprise really, a kind of race that suits him + strong showings all year in numerous of races. He did demolish everyone on the last hill, but thats just JRod as we know him. Not suspicious.

Overall, monument wins were not suspicious in any way

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
So many good ones to chose from. It was like the dark era returned.

I think Froome on Mt. Tailwind is the most mutant performance of the year.

We have a lot a fun in grand tours this year with cleanest peloton ever. (voted Froome - made me laugh most).

For classic or classic type stage i would nominate LLS on stage 5 Tour de Belgique after his return to racing.

For ITT it will be probably that Voeckler win.