• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coke Or Pepsi?

Pepsi Or Coke?

• I drink other soft drink (ie. Lemonade, fanta etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Or whatever other cheap brand you pick up from the supermarket.

I'll take Pepsi over coke evreyday of the week. Well actually Pepsi Max or Pepsi Lite since i'm a type 1 diabetic. I just don't rate the taste of Coke and it's derivatives.

So what is your preferences?

A

Anonymous

Pepsi have a reasonable amount of ethics..

Coca Cola on the other hand are responsible for the deaths of multiple people in south america,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HFZ3cH1UAI
http://www6.svsu.edu/~boles/index/coca-coladeath.htm

and worked closely with the nazi war machine in the 1930's and 1940s...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Coca-Cola#World_War_II

Coca-Cola also has an interesting past. While Coke was storming through Europe in the 1940s supporting American GI's , Coca-Cola GmbH (Germany) was busy collaborating with the Nazi regime. The company advertised in the Nazi press, thus financially supporting it. It built bottling plants in occupied territories. Then in 1941, when Coca-Cola GmbH could no longer get the syrup from America to make Coke, it invented a new drink specifically for the Nazi beverage market, out of the ingredients available to it. That drink was Fanta. Yessiree! Fanta is the drink of Nazis!

Must be noted that while travelling along with the german armies they built plants in occupied territories and employed slave labour to maintain the production of coke for the american troops, and Fanta for the germans..

no contest for me..

wow.. ive turned this political

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Coke for me.... I am a huge Tom Boonen fan! :D

Lately, i have been drinking this "organic cola" from Whole Foods. The big plus is that it is sweetened with sugar and not that evil high fructose corn syrup, and has no caffeine.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Neither. The occasional ginger ale (rarely), otherwise I like adding soda water to either orange juice or apple juice for my fizzy fix.

dimspace said:
Coca-Cola also has an interesting past. While Coke was storming through Europe in the 1940s supporting American GI's , Coca-Cola GmbH (Germany) was busy collaborating with the Nazi regime. The company advertised in the Nazi press, thus financially supporting it. It built bottling plants in occupied territories. Then in 1941, when Coca-Cola GmbH could no longer get the syrup from America to make Coke, it invented a new drink specifically for the Nazi beverage market, out of the ingredients available to it. That drink was Fanta. Yessiree! Fanta is the drink of Nazis!

Must be noted that while travelling along with the german armies they built plants in occupied territories and employed slave labour to maintain the production of coke for the american troops, and Fanta for the germans..

no contest for me..

Sweet zombie Jesus. What a load of crap.

A company in a country at war could not get an ingredient, so they came up with an alternative. Wow.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/fanta.asp

Pull your head out.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I am not really a pop or cola drinker, it's just not good for you. I like iced tea with no lemon and no sugar. When I do have a pop it's Coke or Mountain Dew.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Sweet zombie Jesus. What a load of crap.

A company in a country at war could not get an ingredient, so they came up with an alternative. Wow.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/fanta.asp

Pull your head out.

i never said that fanta wasnt an alternative.. coke where actually so short of ingredients anyway though sending millions of bottles out the troops for free to promote the product.. there was also the small part of the german government banning several key ingredients from being imported.. It is well know however how closely they worked with the nazi party in the 30's, advertising through their press. have a look at who was used in the coca cola factories in occupied territories during the early 40's.. In 1939 Coca Cola only had 5 overseas bottling plants. By 1945, they had 64. all from the war effort.. http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-food/coca_cola.htm

and as i say, multiple stories of torture, kidnapping and death in south america..

i know.. its not allowed to critisise and american institution.. i shall start on mcdonalds next.. :D

pepsi tastes better anyway.. :D

dimspace said:
i never said that fanta wasnt an alternative.. coke where actually so short of ingredients anyway though sending millions of bottles out the troops for free to promote the product.. there was also the small part of the german government banning several key ingredients from being imported.. It is well know however how closely they worked with the nazi party in the 30's, advertising through their press. have a look at who was used in the coca cola factories in occupied territories during the early 40's.. In 1939 Coca Cola only had 5 overseas bottling plants. By 1945, they had 64. all from the war effort.. http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-food/coca_cola.htm

Maybe you should have read the Snopes article instead of relying upon a bunch of crap like "reportedly Hitler enjoyed Cocoa Cola" and "Oh, my Gosh, a company advertised in a magazine."

By 1939 Coke had 43 bottling plants in Germany alone. Coke's own website shows Coke was being bottled in 44 countries before WWII began. And the 64 was the number of plants opened during the war, the vast majority of which were opened to support the Allied war effort. Hmmm, maybe the Japanese should boycott Coke for supporting the nuclear war crimes at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Then the American could boycott Mitsubishi for making the Zeros that bombed Pearl Harbor. Half the world can then boycott everything British for hundreds of years of oppression.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Maybe you should have read the Snopes article instead of relying upon a bunch of crap like "reportedly Hitler enjoyed Cocoa Cola" and "Oh, my Gosh, a company advertised in a magazine."

By 1939 Coke had 43 bottling plants in Germany alone. Coke's own website shows Coke was being bottled in 44 countries before WWII began. And the 64 was the number of plants opened during the war, the vast majority of which were opened to support the Allied war effort. Hmmm, maybe the Japanese should boycott Coke for supporting the nuclear war crimes at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Then the American could boycott Mitsubishi for making the Zeros that bombed Pearl Harbor. Half the world can then boycott everything British for hundreds of years of oppression.

so cokes own website is the bible of truth.. ;)

and south america?

i dont mind being boycotted too much.. does that mean we would get to keep the ashes?

TRENDING THREADS