• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Comment section below cyclingnews articles

When this featured first appeared, I really enjoyed it. You got instant comments and perspective from fans. Informative. Insightful. Sometimes funny.

But I have stopped reading them. It appears to me (I may be wrong I am no Sherlock Holmes) that a person has created multiple accounts and is having a conversation with themselves with the multiple accounts. They create these long chains and up vote them. It just kills the thread. There might be 70 comments in a comment section but 50 are from this person and his alt accounts.

Normally, I'd be like whatever but really kills the user experience.

WildspokeJoe said:
When this featured first appeared, I really enjoyed it. You got instant comments and perspective from fans. Informative. Insightful. Sometimes funny.

But I have stopped reading them. It appears to me (I may be wrong I am no Sherlock Holmes) that a person has created multiple accounts and is having a conversation with themselves with the multiple accounts. They create these long chains and up vote them. It just kills the thread. There might be 70 comments in a comment section but 50 are from this person and his alt accounts.

Hi,

I can pass this on to the relevant people. As forum mods/admin we don't moderate the comments on the main webpage or check for multiple accounts etc. One of us did, I'll see if they still do it.

Cheers,

KB.

I am so glad the comments have been removed and disabled under the Peter Kennaugh report about his health. I tend to look at the comments under news items - this one was already going from bad to worse after a few kind posts gave way to other undesirable comments. It has been a kindness to remove them. Good work CN.

WildspokeJoe said:

Do you remember what the offending poster's name(s) were?

Thanks!

King Boonen said:
WildspokeJoe said:

Hi,

I can pass this on to the relevant people. As forum mods/admin we don't moderate the comments on the main webpage or check for multiple accounts etc. One of us did, I'll see if they still do it.

Cheers,

KB.
Yes, I still moderate the comments section when I have the extra time.

Yohan

BANNED
May 15, 2020
Visit site
vWhen this featured first appeared, I really enjoyed it. You got instant comments and perspective from fans. Informative. Insightful. Sometimes funny.

TRENDING THREADS