• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador "despondent" after losing time –*really?

Disappointed might have been a better word. But after the TTT he could be almost two minutes behind .............then he can become despondent. Hard to say how much effect the TTT will have. What makes it worse is that his team goes off first. But other teams can make mistakes in the TTT as well. Someone else could puncture or crash. Early days.

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Bad translation

I am realy disapointet by the the translation Cycling News have used, looks like one made by Google translate and not by one who can Spanish.

The right translation is here:

Categories: Pro Cycling, Tour de France
A bad team time trial could make things complicated
Alberto Contador, the number one favorite for the 2011 Tour de France, lost 1 minute and 20 seconds on the race's opening stage today, conceding more than twice his margin of victory to Andy Schleck (Leopard Trek) in last year's edition. The traditional hectic opening week of the race claimed the Spaniard as a victim this time, with a pile-up inside 10 kilometers from the finish splitting the peloton in two.

While Contador managed to stay upright during the incident, the crash saw riders strewn across the entire road, with the chaos delaying those behind as riders struggled nervously to find and untangle their machines.

"It was a difficult day," Contador explained after the stage. "There was some tension [at the time of the crash] and we were trying to keep to the front [of the peloton]."

At that time I wasn't badly placed, but the road was very wide and it had many riders [across]," he said.

The peloton was in full flight as the finish atop the Mont des Alouettes began to loom on the horizon, when a spectator inched out onto the road just far enough to clip an Astana rider's handlebar to set off what was to be a violent chain reaction.

"I was very close to the front of the peloton," Contador explained, "but the fall was in front of me and although I managed to stop in time, I had to get through the bikes [on the pavement] as [fast as] I could.

When I could start [to ride] again the [front] group was already far away," he lamented.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8...to-Contador-but-motivation-is-still-high.aspx

Cycling News you can do better.. Put the right words ind and remove this big mistake...

TRENDING THREADS