• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

converting mavic ksyrium sl freehub from m10 to ed11

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I've got the opportunity to pick up a Campag Chorus 11 groupset for a very good price. Unfortunately, I have no budget for new wheels :( Does anybody know whether it is possible to swap the Shimano/SRAM M10 freehub to an ED11 freehub thus making the wheels compatible with Campag 11 speed?

Let's ignore the merits of Mavic as a wheel choice for the time being, please

Busted and/or RDV to the rescue????? :D Cheers

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
LugHugger said:
I've got the opportunity to pick up a Campag Chorus 11 groupset for a very good price. Unfortunately, I have no budget for new wheels :( Does anybody know whether it is possible to swap the Shimano/SRAM M10 freehub to an ED11 freehub thus making the wheels compatible with Campag 11 speed?

Yes, by all means use the ED11, Wheels Mfg also makes an 11 speed cassette for Campy drivetrains that slides on to your existing fhub. Like Black Sheep said "you can get with this, or you can get with that, the choice is yours". Have fun while your Mavics last, contact me when you want a custom set to replace them. ;)

LugHugger said:

Which wheel? Just a standard rear wheel with a FTS type shimano freehub? Then bolt on a Campag compatible one and bob's yer uncle. If it's an older(it would be very old) rear wheel with an older freehub with a bearing rather than the bushing, then as RDV mentioned, a Wheels manufacturing 11s cogset.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
You can get a mavic campy free hub cheap enough easy to change over go to mavic web site and look up the instructions no special tools needed,