• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Could the witnesses in Armstrong case be paid off by lance's enemies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Lance has been in the sport for years, so he undoubtedly has enemies in the sport and in the business world of cycling. We all know Lemond is an enemy of Lance and I'm sure there are a bunch of others.

One theory that is possible is that some of these witnesses could be paid off. It will be interesting to see the list of names that come up and if it is found that they had unusual large deposits in their bank account, recent expensive gifts, etc.

We know two witnesses are tainted, and the other eight are "vowed to be kept confidential" by USADA. It seems a bit crazy that 8 witnesses can be kept confidential. Wouldn't they eventually have to testify to see if they can be discredited?

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
Lance has been in the sport for years, so he undoubtedly has enemies in the sport and in the business world of cycling. We all know Lemond is an enemy of Lance and I'm sure there are a bunch of others.

One theory that is possible is that some of these witnesses could be paid off. It will be interesting to see the list of names that come up and if it is found that they had unusual large deposits in their bank account, recent expensive gifts, etc.

We know two witnesses are tainted, and the other eight are "vowed to be kept confidential" by USADA. It seems a bit crazy that 8 witnesses can be kept confidential. Wouldn't they eventually have to testify to see if they can be discredited?

Crazy is the word, aye.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
memes-the-answer-is-hairy.jpg

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:

Interesting theory.
So, why doesnt Lance just give them even more money as he is very rich from all the fraud?

Say hi to Paul.

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
What it LA becomes the 2nd Armstrong on the moon...

this is just as crazy talk as your post.

(actually this is more likely, he got cash after all)

SilentAssassin said:

ChewbaccaD said:
In before it's closed.

Your honor, move to dismiss.

Dave.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
SA...you miss the point. Armstrong has to pay people to be quiet. You don't have to pay people to tell the truth about him, I'll bet.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
SA...you miss the point. Armstrong has to pay people to be quiet. You don't have to pay people to tell the truth about him, I'll bet.

Well I saw George at "the front end" of the bunch - and he was on a new bike, with cool wheels and sunglasses, so who paid for all that new gear?

Well he did say it's only a theory. It is kind of fun coming up with "theories".
Another theory could be that everyone Lance beat in all those tours was jealous and they all got together to bring him down. They staged the Puerto affair and all the failed dope tests so that cycling would look really dirty and everyone would believe that they all cheat. Then they all made up the Tailwinds team wide doping story and all told it the same way under oath.
Hey it could have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS