• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Could this be the worst tat in pro cycling?

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Left leg of the AG2R rider in the photo from stage 7 of the Tour ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotcycling/4783883881/
4783883881_a7caf4f876.jpg

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
Isn't it John Gadret?
Whats wrong with the tatoo? Any particular meaning?

You could add Nocentini on Ag2r's tatoo club.

Not the same guy. What's wrong with it? - barbed wire around the bicep a la Pamela Anderson 1995 is bad enough, but around the quad :D

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting.

My wife and I are just a tad older and when the tat craze really took off, I in particular did not get into it, my wife told me she wanted one back when we were dating/co-hab, I told her she could get whatever she wanted so long as she 1st got my name tattooed on her bum. The fact she didn't dump me at that point should have told me she was dumber than I thought. I still think it would be pretty cool to have a woman tat my name on her. But then again, my attitude towards women is not exactly 5 star.

But so many people we know who are even just a bit younger than us are covered with them.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
laziali said:
Left leg of the AG2R rider in the photo from stage 7 of the Tour ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotcycling/4783883881/
4783883881_a7caf4f876.jpg

yeah that is the worst. in fact anyone who has either barb wire or tribal patterns on an arm leg or elsewhere is an uncreative moron who copies tatoos? i see it on dumb males in l.angeles all the time its like a stamp of stupid. also there generally on tough guy types who generally are not tough and hide behind silly appearances.

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I spent some time in the Navy. A lot of the older guys had tats from when they were young and very dumb but now in their 40's, many of them were so blurry that you couldn't tell what it was.

One thing that none of us can avoid is cell migration. All of these tats will become blurry over time. Not to mention weight gain or loss that changes skin shape.

Tramp stamps are particularly vulnerable.....

If you think when you are 40 they look bad - try when you are in your 70's. I used to work with old people and there were quiet a few navy boys who had some ugly looking tats that I am sure used to look good.

I guess that Lance will be getting some prison ink sooner rather than later.

On the subject of crap tats - I am shocked that no one has mentioned Pozzato.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
If you think when you are 40 they look bad - try when you are in your 70's. I used to work with old people and there were quiet a few navy boys who had some ugly looking tats that I am sure used to look good.

On the subject of crap tats - I am shocked that no one has mentioned Pozzato.

World of Warcraft?
:p

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Any tat, short of the ship you served on during a war, is bound to at some point fill the bearer of said tat with regret, as in "WTF was I thinking"?
Witness Davey Clinger and his (former) full Maori face tat.
Bottom line: you'll never regret NOT getting that full Spiderman tat on your back.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Alberto - your story reminds me about a story about Lindsey Lohan. Apparently she has a W tattooed on each cheek, when she bends over it spells W o W.

WoW:eek:

Wish I were from Missouri, 'cuz you'd hafta show me that one!

A

Anonymous

Mach Schnell said:
Any tat, short of the ship you served on during a war, is bound to at some point fill the bearer of said tat with regret, as in "WTF was I thinking"?
Witness Davey Clinger and his (former) full Maori face tat.
Bottom line: you'll never regret NOT getting that full Spiderman tat on your back.

Funny, I don't regret any of my tattoos. Right before I got my first one, some dude told me to make a bunch of copies of it and put them up all over the house for a week, and that I wouldn't be able to stand looking at it and probably wouldn't get it. Interestingly, I don't even notice them in the mirror. They are just part of me, and they don't really stick out...and I have "RESTRAINT" in reverse on my chest so it is the first thing I see in the mirror in the morning...and I don't even notice it...dang.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
yeah that is the worst. in fact anyone who has either barb wire or tribal patterns on an arm leg or elsewhere is an uncreative moron who copies tatoos? i see it on dumb males in l.angeles all the time its like a stamp of stupid. also there generally on tough guy types who generally are not tough and hide behind silly appearances.

I have a friend with full Samoan tribal tattoos inked the old way from a stick, the go from his knees to waist, and then shoulders to forearms. To me they look very impressive, to him they are a link to his ancestors. He's also an internationally ranked kickboxer so I doubt he gets many people calling him stupid or a try hard.

I have had two for ten years now, and don't regret them at all. They aren't barbed wire or armbands though lol

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
^ jesus. i'd love to have a moist pharmstrong chamois to auction off to that bloke....my mortgage would be paid off in no time, would have to do the transaction pretty quickly now though i dare say...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts