• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 7: Allevard-les-Bains - Sallanches 148km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Kazistuta said:
I really think it IS British bias, sorry...

Kennaugh competed in both Tour De Romandie (where his DNF'ed) and Bayern Rundfahrt (maybe not exaactly a major stage race).

Van Garderen finished no. 9 in his first stage race (Volta Ao Algarve), Sagan had two top5 finishes in TDU, Keukeleire won his second stage race, Modolo finished fourth in Milano-San Remo and the list probably goes on...

Again: For Kennaugh himself - by his own standards - his performances in Dauphine was most likely a great succes, but for objective observers his efforts can't be proclaimed "amazing"...

but quite a few of the others have been on the european circuit, kennaugh came straight from the academy so not quite the experience. everyone has to start somewhere and hes starting very well-the tour of romandie was his first race back after breaking collarbone. and bayern rundhfart he did domestic duties where sky won overall

A

Anonymous

amazing [əˈmeɪzɪŋ]
adj
causing wonder or astonishment

i was filled with wonder and astonishment at how well he did..

stefrees said:
but quite a few of the others have been on the european circuit, kennaugh came straight from the academy so not quite the experience. everyone has to start somewhere and hes starting very well-the tour of romandie was his first race back after breaking collarbone. and bayern rundhfart he did domestic duties where sky won overall

i also completely forgot about the collarbone break, as well as suffering the various "virus's" that the squad got early season. makes his performance even more "amazing" :D

May 15, 2009
Visit site
stefrees said:

Who in Sky won it:confused:

Kazistuta said:
I really think it IS British bias, sorry...

Kennaugh competed in both Tour De Romandie (where his DNF'ed) and Bayern Rundfahrt (maybe not exaactly a major stage race).

Van Garderen finished no. 9 in his first stage race (Volta Ao Algarve), Sagan had two top5 finishes in TDU, Keukeleire won his second stage race, Modolo finished fourth in Milano-San Remo and the list probably goes on...

Again: For Kennaugh himself - by his own standards - his performances in Dauphine was most likely a great succes, but for objective observers his efforts can't be proclaimed "amazing"...

It was a fairly awesome display by Van Garderen all round. The guy will get very little US press coverage for the obvious reasons.

I like the look of him and the way he fights. I hope he has the right people with his bet interests at heart.

Time will tell.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
stefrees said:

Who in sky won it or the MOST IMPORTANT TEAM CLASSFICATION?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
He is certainly climbing like a brick, but 2nd in the ITT gives me some hope that he will take decent form in to the Tour de France. He's not getting any younger, he many not have that many more shots at the Grand Boucle; I want to see him get that second road stage win he keeps chasing after.

kjetilraknerud said:
A shame to see David Millar DNF today. After all he aimed for the overall win, and was only 26 minutes behind before todays stage.

What is with this? The commentators going on about Millar asking where he is every day, asking where he is on the Alpe.. I don't know how anyone not hallucinating on some good stuff would be expecting Millar to challenge in a stage race with mountains. Unless he's gonna do a Wigans.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I hope I'm not misinterpreting your post, but there was a "slight" amount of sarcasm in my post about Millar. How he thought he was going to have the slightest chance of winning the GC is way, way behind my imagination.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
2nd'd British cycling remains too focussed on that track rubbish, hangover of living in such a depressingly flat country I suppose.

I long for decent length hills to ride up. If I were rich enough I'd buy Alpe d'Huez and have it relocated on top of Leicester. Two good deeds in one.

The Hitch said:
Brajkovic handled himself quite well in the interview afterwards, downplaying the achievment of winning by admitting he was in top form while his opponents werent.

Velonews is reporting that he's only a 50/50 chance for riding the Tour because he's peaked right now and has had a song season already.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010...triumph-brajkovic-isnt-a-lock-for-tour_120934

Despite suggestions that Brajkovic could be a key helper for team captain Lance Armstrong in the mountains of the Tour, Gallopin warned that the young Slovenian’s busy season so far could go against him.
“Right now, it’s 50-50,” said Gallopin, who will consult with team manager Johan Bruyneel this week after the Tour de Suisse where Armstrong and many other of the team’s top riders are racing.
“We can’t forget that Janez has raced a lot this season and was on peak form for the Dauphiné,” said Gallopin. “Whatever the decision on his Tour de France selection, he needs rest first and foremost, and a decision will only be made after the Tour de Suisse.”

Regarding Brajkovic and Contador's respective form, one must remember that the Alps stages of the Tour are almost a month away, and the Pyrenees almost 5 weeks from now. Lot's can (and should) happen to one's form in that time.

TRENDING THREADS