• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 08/12 > 08/16/20

Which rider will surprise the most?

• Sepp Kuss

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Enric Mas

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Sergio Higuita

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Adam Yates

• Dylan Teuns

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Benoît Cosnefroy

• Guillaume Martin

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • other, French

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, non-French

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
logo@2x.png

Crazy year. The Dauphiné, although too late, is still approaching so fast. Let's take a short look at climbs, climbs and then, climbs:

8fdad

697c1

9f062

2da79

Jakob Fuglsang will not win this because he's not there. Neither is Evenepoel. Forget about the Giro guys. Give Carapaz a chance to heal, Simon Yates a chance to get in form and Evenepoel a chance to win Lombardia. But all the Tour guys want to be in France as soon as possible and they want to race. Go!

Last edited:
This route is so stupid I love it. But why no downhill finish?

The final showdown before the 2020 Tour de France. Insane lineup - looks like all of the Tour favourites will be there.

Jumbo will be strong again, but I imagine Ineos will have picked up a bit. It will be interesting to see how Buchmann's handled the lockdown, and how Pogacar will be in the mountains. How will Pinot and Landa's form be coming along? Will Enric Mas finally show us something? Alaphilippe's climbing will be intriguing; he says he's not targeting the GC at the Tour, but with a route made just for him it's hard to believe him - especially when he finds himself in yellow in the first week! And of course, after Ineos's poor showing this weekend, how will Sivakov fit into the team. He might well play an absolutely crucial role in the Tour. Could he be a joint leader?

This week should answer a lot of these questions, but hopefully not all - you need a little mystery heading into the Tour. One question that will be answered is 'who will win the Dauphiné?' It could be anyone...

Fabulous course. A stage race jacked up on steroids to enhance the peaks and no boring flat or transitional filler.

A 30km ITT on day 3 would have been perfect but this should be carnage.

So many pretenders will drop out of top 5 contention within 2 stages leading to breakaways with high class riders and the chance for a GC relevant guy to try to slip away unnoticed.

The form and the parcours suggest Roglic. Would be nice to see some form from Bardet and Pinot.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Roglic has to be the favorite. Brutal route. I love it. Mental warfare begins and a bad showing could be devastating with little time left before the Tour. If you suck, I don't think that you have time to turn it around. Win or lose, the big guys need to get something positive out of this bike race.

Now, we can argue, did so and so peak too early? What are Ineos and Jumbo be with their full squad? Still, I thing that the CdD will give us a pretty good idea of the forces in presence. Can't wait!

Reactions: Sandisfan
For anyone in the US it appears NBCsports is showing this at 2am in the morning tape delayed. Air date says 1/1/20 so if you have your DVR set to record you have to manually adjust it so it will record. I don't have Gold so no idea if it's showing up there yet or not.

TRENDING THREADS