• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium du Dauphine Photos - Individual Time-Trial to Bourg-en-Bresse

Hi all,

I took a day off from work to go and follow the Criterium du Dauphine individual time-trial between Villie-Morgon and Bourg-en-Bresse. Thankfully the low cloud and rain I'd seen at the Prologue in Grenoble had gone and it was sunny with high cloud. The wind was hitting the riders from the side and was quite blustery at times.

I based myself at the start in Villie-Morgon, situated in the Beaujolais wine region and watched the first riders start before walking along the course throught the vineyards to the first hill.

https://plus.google.com/photos/111059783111780167010/albums/5751607588961040641?banner=pwa

Quite a lot of photos but I wanted to get some shots of the less known professionals to the main contenders.

Cheers, Russell

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Those are great, thanks.

Really like this one.

IMG_0811.jpg

Did you have to crop much?

There is a Cycling Photography thread in the General forum. Perhaps you should link some of your favourites into it? What lenses did you use if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, that was out of the camera, so no cropping on that shot.

The lens was a Canon 70-200 2.8L with a Canon 7d, and I followed Tiago as he passed me and kept taking photos. Photography, along with cycling, is a hobby for me so it's nice get little surprises like that shot.

Cheers, Russell