• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling bag design project, need your help!

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone
I am an industrial designer. Currently I am working on a exciting Bicycle project on my own. I want to design a good & cool bag for bike rider to carry while they are riding, providing them with great benefit and better performance. So I need your help, guys. Because you are the right customers and users I am designing for. Any of your thoughts on it would be greatly helpful to this projects.

Please help me out with a 10-questions survey. The survey is simple, it won't take you a lot of time. You can fill out the survey from this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B992ZDF

There are two questions from the survey, we can talk about here.
1. Are there any features of your cycling bag can be improved ?
2. Maybe there are some special features you want, but the current cycling bag doesn't provide. What's that ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated by our team, and we hope you even can be one of the testers for our products in the future.
Many thanks, guys!!!

Long, adjustable (obviously) straps. I don't commute but when I used to, found that when there was any weight in my bag, it hurt my back a lot less when the bag was lower.

Also -- and this would be a tough one -- :D one thing that used to **** me off was having my back saturated with sweat under the bag. Eeeew. When I commuted to uni, I had a stash of t-shirts to get changed into.

For all I know, these things are probably already available. :D

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Ruoshu said:
Hi everyone
I am an industrial designer. Currently I am working on a exciting Bicycle project on my own. I want to design a good & cool bag for bike rider to carry while they are riding, providing them with great benefit and better performance. So I need your help, guys. Because you are the right customers and users I am designing for. Any of your thoughts on it would be greatly helpful to this projects.

Please help me out with a 10-questions survey. The survey is simple, it won't take you a lot of time. You can fill out the survey from this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B992ZDF

There are two questions from the survey, we can talk about here.
1. Are there any features of your cycling bag can be improved ?
2. Maybe there are some special features you want, but the current cycling bag doesn't provide. What's that ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated by our team, and we hope you even can be one of the testers for our products in the future.
Many thanks, guys!!!

An internal sleeve so when I have my coffee cup or a bidon but no cage on the bike I can be sure my drink stays upright. I know they both have lids but I have had a few leeks over the years and its a good feature for you to wirte some marketing blurb about.

I commute with a small backpack. Features I treasure:

1) Small zip pockets on the belly band so I can have my keys handy without removing the bag or reaching around. Others might also find them useful for phones, but I'm not that obsessive about them.

2) It is a backpack, not a messenger bag. I've never understood why anyone would ride with a messenger bag, other than actual messengers.

3) A wire and mesh frame that gives it structure and holds the fabric away from my sweaty back.

4) A wide, fairly substantial belly band (for ithe pack's size). Not just a tape. This gives it stability and comfort.

5) Not waterproof. I don't need that as I pack in a waterproof sack inside anyway.

6) Light, and the right size (for the things I carry).

Things I'd like:

1) More reflective material/printing. (I have reflective tapes added)

It's the best cycling pack I've ever had. Just about perfect. If you guys can improve on it, great.