• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Cycling Gear & Accessories

I concur, a saddle is very important, and handlebars are also necessary if your balance is not that good, clothes is another important item to unless you like doing the Gadiva thing.

Enough funning around, your question is a bit vague. A really good saddle is important, but I'm not sure if you are classifying the saddle as an accessory or cycling gear. So where does that leave you?

I like tires in the 25 to 28 sizes because you can run lower psi in them and that gives a better ride quality.

Where I live, in the states, I can run with flashing front and rear lights day or night, running with lights on like that gives a more comfortable ride in my brain because it helps people to see me quicker which makes me safer. In some countries it's against the law to have flashing lights on a bike.

A water bottle makes me comfortable so I don't die of thirst while riding.

He's 15 months old. I eventually didn't buy the Specialized Hotwalk because he's too small for it. His uncle bought him something more simple (forgot the name).

I'm probably too eager at the moment to get him on a bike and have to wait another half year.
Just remember that once your kid masters the balance of the new learning curve, bikes w no pedals and they get confidence and balance, don't be blown away when he asks for a mini motorcycle instead of a bike for his first powered 2 wheeler!!!
There are amazing things happening w tiny kids on 2 wheels!!
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gxTYTsXMH5I&pp=ygUTa2lkcyBvbiBtb3RvcmN5Y2xlcw%3D%3D

Reactions: froze
Mar 4, 2024
Visit site
He's 15 months old. I eventually didn't buy the Specialized Hotwalk because he's too small for it. His uncle bought him something more simple (forgot the name).

I'm probably too eager at the moment to get him on a bike and have to wait another half year.
Those three-wheel hand bikes without pedals are good for toddlers to learn how to walk on their own.

Reactions: Berniece
Just remember that once your kid masters the balance of the new learning curve, bikes w no pedals and they get confidence and balance, don't be blown away when he asks for a mini motorcycle instead of a bike for his first powered 2 wheeler!!!
There are amazing things happening w tiny kids on 2 wheels!!
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gxTYTsXMH5I&pp=ygUTa2lkcyBvbiBtb3RvcmN5Y2xlcw%3D%3D
Man, I wish I had parents like that when I was kid, I was itching to do crazy stuff at that age but had no outlet, so I had to create ways on my own, but never any motorized stuff. I remember when I was 6, I rode a stingray bike, and jumped a retaining wall that on the other side was about a 4-foot drop that to me at the time seemed like it was 18 feet! so, I caught major air, well, you know, major for a 6-year-old, and landed it without crashing. I jumped that wall quite a bit but got bored doing it. So, I had to create ways to kill myself which all failed.

I am not big on conspiracy theories but...went to Trek Superstore in the Kearney Mesa area of San Diego, off 163 and bikes, the very very few they had were discounted by $1200,1500,$2500 that I saw and the floor display racks were @75% empty, something I have never seen in any of the Trek stores in San Diego.. something strange going on when no road bikes are on the shelf during spring..