• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think Phil and Bob again with Christian and whoever in the booth. The basic Peacock stream should be the same as last years duo.
Thanks. I faintly remember reading or hearing some where that Chris Horner wouldn't be there this year. I was hoping he would be (and they would get rid of CVV, if anybody).

I'm just wondering whether to get Peacock for 1 month, or just go with my VPN linking to Australia and watching SBS coverage of it. SBS does a pretty good job of cycling coverage, and I'm starting to get where I understand their accent. Though Peacock isn't that much for a month -- around $5 -- to hold coverage in reserve.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Thanks. I faintly remember reading or hearing some where that Chris Horner wouldn't be there this year. I was hoping he would be (and they would get rid of CVV, if anybody).

I'm just wondering whether to get Peacock for 1 month, or just go with my VPN linking to Australia and watching SBS coverage of it. SBS does a pretty good job of cycling coverage, and I'm starting to get where I understand their accent. Though Peacock isn't that much for a month -- around $5 -- to hold coverage in reserve.
I like Peacock since there’s other shows or movies that are on there but not other streaming devices. I still think they need to do like WWE and show past event replays as well.

I like Peacock since there’s other shows or movies that are on there but not other streaming devices. I still think they need to do like WWE and show past event replays as well.
I think Peacock does show past event replays (at least with the TDF). I never watch the TDF live as its too damn early and I am also working during the week. Another option for people not interested in the entire race. NBC Sports will post on youtube a free "extended highlights" of a race. For example, a quick glance on youtube shows you can watch the NBC Sports extended highlights of Stage 1 of the Tour Down Under that is 52 minutes). I think they do that for all the races that are on the Peacock. I will probably watch each stage of extended highlights of the dauphine this year instead of the full stream.

I think Peacock does show past event replays (at least with the TDF). I never watch the TDF live as its too damn early and I am also working during the week. Another option for people not interested in the entire race. NBC Sports will post on youtube a free "extended highlights" of a race. For example, a quick glance on youtube shows you can watch the NBC Sports extended highlights of Stage 1 of the Tour Down Under that is 52 minutes). I think they do that for all the races that are on the Peacock. I will probably watch each stage of extended highlights of the dauphine this year instead of the full stream.
Thanks for this -- you know, if I remember right, the past years they had 2 complete teams covering the TDF, and the replays were by the 2nd team and not the "Old NBCSN Team" of Liggett, Paul, CVV, and others. I might be remembering wrong though.

Thanks for this -- you know, if I remember right, the past years they had 2 complete teams covering the TDF, and the replays were by the 2nd team and not the "Old NBCSN Team" of Liggett, Paul, CVV, and others. I might be remembering wrong though.
I think you are right. They have the "Old NBC Team" and then the Aussies? I think you can watch either team live on Peacock, but only one team is available for the replay.

The NBC Sports highlight shows on youtube are definitely the "Old NBC" team if they have done a broadcast of the the race live (which they always do for the TDF). I have no idea what will happen with the Dauphine. The youtube version isn't bad as it is usually around an hour long and they make sure to show all the interesting stuff including the crashes.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and Nacho

Peacock has a special running 19.99 for a year. Great deal...I paid 49.99. Definitely worth it, you get enough races including the Tour and Vuelta for 20 bucks. Can't beat it :)
EDIT: I answer posts as I read them then find things in unread posts that are relevant. I had NO idea NBC had a Youtube hour long highlights version, Thanks. Or that there were 2 replays available in Peacock one with a different set of commentators, Thanks.
I also agree with Shadow Peacock had other content, figure skating, movies and original shows that are quite interesting. BTW Shadow your handle gives me an earworm of Bowie's Shadow Man which I Love whenever I see your name :).

Last edited:
I tried my usual VPN and logged into GCN, and I don't see the Tour de Suisse anywhere on the schedule. Perhaps since I chose Netherlands as a location? How are you plannin gon watching TDS?
With your VPN you can choose between a bunch of broadcasts—though not in English mind you. The Swiss broadcast will be one of the SRG SSR channels and they have a streaming platform app. Eurosport Francaise is the broader for France, and GCN often carries the same events so surprised if they don’t have it?

Peacock has a special running 19.99 for a year. Great deal...I paid 49.99. Definitely worth it, you get enough races including the Tour and Vuelta for 20 bucks. Can't beat it :)
EDIT: I answer posts as I read them then find things in unread posts that are relevant. I had NO idea NBC had a Youtube hour long highlights version, Thanks. Or that there were 2 replays available in Peacock one with a different set of commentators, Thanks.
I also agree with Shadow Peacock had other content, figure skating, movies and original shows that are quite interesting. BTW Shadow your handle gives me an earworm of Bowie's Shadow Man which I Love whenever I see your name :).
Plus they have tennis on Peacock which is a plus.

And nice!

TRENDING THREADS